Burley Baby Snuggler

Bassjunkieuk
Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
edited September 2010 in Family & kids cycling forum
No, I'm not trying to warn parents off a certain area as there is a heavy set man with an unhealthy interest in small people......instead I wanted to know if anyone has one of these and if their any good?

I found a link for one on Tredz and they look rather straightforward, basically a seat to make a usual trailer more suited to a young child who can't yet sit up themselves.

As my wife would like to start cycling more and our 4th is now starting school all day she'll only have the 2 younger ones to look after (a 2 year old and a 8 week old). We already have a trailer (although may be looking into getting a new one.....) and she has a bike so this could provide the missing piece!

Any views/opinions greatly appreciated :-)
Who's the daddy?
Twitter, Videos & Blog
Player of THE GAME
Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5

Comments

• what trailer do you have, the croozer trailers have an extensive line of accessories for different sized kids.
  • Can't remember exact brand of current trailer but I think it was a Halfords/Argos jobby and had a rather flmsy (and slightly bent!) metal frame with really weak wheel supports that mean once you get a couple of kids in the wheels rub on the frame! Hence we could potentially replace it if our friend doesn't want their trailer back.

Thanks for the tip on the Croozer, I'll have to look into those ones!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • If you do then the croozer ones are excellent, they are very very well made and basically they do seats to plug in until you can no longer keep your child in the cage.
  • craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    If you've got a car seat for your 8 week old you could strap that in. (I imagine that would exclude the 2 yo though).

Is there a reason car seats for new borns are rear facing? In cars and on bikes deceleration is likely to be more severe than acceleration.TBH by the looks of that baby snuggler there's not a lot of support for the head, especially if youre trailer isn't rigid.

Personally I'd wait until the little one was big enough to sit upright and tell me if they weren't comfortable - 18 months or so is the minimum recommendation on our trailer. Then you've got years of of bike trailer attachments, stabilisers, grazed knees etc. Sounds like you've been though all that before.