Where's this?

AndyRubio
AndyRubio Posts: 880
Somewhere in UK or Ireland? I want to ride up it.

mt-pass2.jpg

Thanks,
Andy

Comments

• brin
    brin Posts: 1,122
    it could be anywhere, but looks a bit like Bealach - Na - Ba at Applecross in the highlands, if it is, it features in Simon Warrens book 100 greatest cycling climbs, he rated it 11/10......phew!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    brin wrote:
    it could be anywhere, but looks a bit like Bealach - Na - Ba at Applecross in the highlands, if it is, it features in Simon Warrens book 100 greatest cycling climbs, he rated it 11/10......phew!

Is that "11" on the Spainal Tap scale of measurement ? :wink:
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    looks a bit like my back garden
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    brin wrote:

Not convinced myself! I drove up Bealach Na Ba many years back; looked wilder than this view and in less open countryside.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • I had a look on Google Maps - similar to Bealach Na Ba but deffo not the same.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Looks a lot like the climb me and a mate did on a trip around the Irish Coast from Galway to Dublin. This looks like the climb from Castlegregory over and down to Dingle. Was a lot a years ago but checking the old 35 mm camera shots looks similar.
  • I thought it looked like Dingle should be at the bottom of the hill but I'm not sure having looked at my photo's But you should do the Dingle one anyway I think the Tour of Ireland went over it last year or the year before toward Dingle. So to sum up, there is a nice climb out of Dingle and this looks a bit like your picture - there clear as mud for you :?

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/GS ... directlink

you can see Dingle in this picture and if it is the same place your picture would be from lower down the hill[/url]