Vacansoleil / GC guy

2»

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Kléber wrote:
    The bloke who played the saxophone solo on Baker Street?

Bob Holness is not a GT GC contender, the shorter races with the right parcours he could shine though.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Kléber wrote:

Bob Holness is not a GT GC contender, the shorter races with the right parcours he could shine though.

But you can imagine EBH rolling up alongside him with 50km to go and asking "Can I have a "P" please, Bob?"
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • dbmnk
    dbmnk Posts: 217
    iainf72 wrote:

Or have they just decided to hire The Chicken and be done with it?
    Carnt be the chicken since he is busy dancing on national television
  • Sadly, I just checked Wikipedia and it's an urban myth that Bob Holness played saxophone on that song.

Still a legend though and could have had a good road career but a bit like Edvald Boassen Hagen he always goes for a P at the wrong moment.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Kléber wrote:

As I revealed last month on another thread, the sax solo was actually played by Christian Vande Velde

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12720773&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=80
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Sadly, I just checked Wikipedia and it's an urban myth that Bob Holness played saxophone on that song.

Still a legend though and could have had a good road career but a bit like Edvald Boassen Hagen he always goes for a P at the wrong moment.

But he did play James Bond, now that is a true fact!

But he did play James Bond, now that is a true fact!

As oppose to an untrue fact?
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Just said on ES there's a rumour knocking about that Mosquera is joining them!!
  • sonny73
    FJS wrote:
    Mosquera hasn't resigned with Xacobeo yet
    Well spotted if the rumours are true.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Movistar have been talking to Mosquera too.
  • I'd love to see Mosquera ride the Giro - it would seem to suit him better than the Vuelta - I'm guessing Ricco would get the nod for that though ?

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Kléber wrote:
    Movistar have been talking to Mosquera too.
    Rumour is they've already made him an offer. But, if he hasn't signed yet, I'm sure he'll wait until after Bola del Mundo to see what he's worth after Saturday..... A Spanish team seems more logical, although on the other hand, he's 34 years old and might go for the highest offer.
  • David Harmon was saying on commentary today that they believe Mosquera is going to Vaconsoleil....
  • bikingscot wrote:
    David Harmon was saying on commentary today that they believe Mosquera is going to Vaconsoleil....

It's official now - just read it on the Cycling Weekly website
    http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... oleil.html
  • bikingscot wrote:
    David Harmon was saying on commentary today that they believe Mosquera is going to Vaconsoleil....

It's official now - just read it on the Cycling Weekly website
    http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... oleil.html

Mosquera team decision to come next week
    http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/5688/ ... ested.aspx
    interview.cyclingfever.com
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Whatever you think of them, both Ricco and Mosquera fit Vacansoleil's aggressive attacking racing style very well.
  • sonny73
    FJS wrote:
    Whatever you think of them, both Ricco and Mosquera fit Vacansoleil's aggressive attacking racing style very well.

Indeed, the two of them with Hoogerland alone will be something to contain for the other teams.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    It is Mosquera.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Sonny73 wrote:
    FJS wrote:

Indeed, the two of them with Hoogerland alone will be something to contain for the other teams.

And Leukemans.
  • LangerDan wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Kléber wrote:

But you can imagine EBH rolling up alongside him with 50km to go and asking "Can I have a "P" please, Bob?"
    Or TB asking "Can I have an E please bob?"
    Dan