Retford Wheelers Thorseby Park Criterium 12/9

gsk82
gsk82 Posts: 3,470
edited September 2010 in Amateur race
I went along to the Retford Wheelers crit races at Thorseby Park (nr Worksop) on Sunday. They had 3 races on, a 4th cat only, 3rd cat only and a junior race. All were run around the same 1.2m circuit in the grounds of the stately home, which was rather impressive.

It was my first BC race so was glad of the 4th only event. Unfortunately the turnout was pretty pants with only 11 starting the race. After 40mins plus 5 laps i managed to finish 4th and got myself a nice 6 points (hopefully). the turnout for the 3rd cat race didnt look like it would be much better, the organiser invited us all to take part in that as well to boost the numbers.

Real shame about the turnout but other than that was a good event and one i would recommend. The organiser mentioned he was looking to run a series there next year which should be worth looking out for. Hopefully they won't clash with bigger races within 20miles and BC will get the race listed quicker.

Finally, how long do results usually take to appear on the BC site?

Cheers, Gary
"Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago

Comments

• jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    gsk82 wrote:
    It was my first BC race so was glad of the 4th only event. Unfortunately the turnout was pretty pants with only 11 starting the race.

It's a shame, it seems end of season races always exhibit a smaller turnout, even here in the south east with the hundreds of racers regularly out the fields are a lot smaller than earlier in the year.

If the circuit's good I expect there's a good chance for better turnouts next year, especially earlier in the year.
    gsk82 wrote:
    Finally, how long do results usually take to appear on the BC site?

It's a manual process, they have to be sent in, and then someone has to type them in, that's normally only one person so it depends when she's free. If the organiser gets the result in quickly, often the results are there in a couple of days.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/