Tour of Britain, Constitution Hill pics

UndercoverRunner
UndercoverRunner Posts: 230
edited September 2010 in Pro race
A few pics from todays stage which had Constitution Hill just before the finish :lol:

It was VERY slippery on the cobbles, they all made it up this year without pushing. Only one poor soul came off when he was blocked by a team car that couldn't get going on the hill.

tb1.jpg

tb2.jpg

tb3.jpg

tb4.jpg

tb5.jpg

tb6.jpg

tb9.jpg

Last couple of Wiggo including a great close up of his ear :lol:

tb7.jpg

tb8.jpg
We're running the London Marathon in aid of visually impaired children please sponsor us if you can at http://www.virginmoneygiving.com/HelenJonesVICTA

Comments

• Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    Great photos :D

Greg Henderson looks like he's enjoying it! Is the Motopoint rider Bibby?
  • Great photos mate, thanks for posting.
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    edited September 2010
    Awesome, they're great and right in the action :D
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Great pics... when a hill looks steep in pictures/on the telly you know it must be a b@stard!

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • Great photos, much more evocative than ITV4's attempts to cover the climb.
  • Rode it yesterday and had forgotten what a lung buster it is, you have to keep a reasonable pace just to get over the cobbles and there is no respite until the top. Great entertainment up there today and impressed they all got up especially in the wet.
    Sometimes you have to lose yourself
    before you can find anything.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Great pics many thanks for posting.

Love the Greg Henderson one.
  • great pics!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    That Henderson one is a classic! Nice one.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,221
    The 4th and 6th pics actually do the climb justice. Big Maggy was guilty of the opposite of exaggeration when he said it was 17%! Can't believe him and O'Grady big ringed up it.
  • No way is that 17% comparing some of the climbs in Gower/South Wales!
    And as for getting up in the big ring, is there any footage/pics as I would have to see that to believe it!!!!!
    Great pics - I was there as well and was just glad to see it hurts them as well!
    All my life I've wanted to be someone; I guess I should have been more specific.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,221
    I'm sure if Maggy says he got up there in the big ring he did, I've seen him ride the Tumble in top gear!
  • That's mental - how do they get so much power, it's awesome!
    All my life I've wanted to be someone; I guess I should have been more specific.
  • Nice to see that Jemaine Clement from Flight of the Conchords was there to cheer them on...

tb3.jpg
  • Henderson photo is top class. You can see everything in his eyes....pain and losing in that fraction of a second.
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    Great photos, much more evocative than ITV4's attempts to cover the climb.

Great photos, but I actually thought it looked amazing on TV. It's rare you get a good impression of steepness but you did for that.
  • Nice to see that Jemaine Clement from Flight of the Conchords was there to cheer them on...

Are they on tour in South Wales then.............cool
    I bet Murray could get up there on a pushbike.....for sure.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Nice to see that Jemaine Clement from Flight of the Conchords was there to cheer them on...

I swear we saw him at the TOB last year in London.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    inseine wrote:
    Great photos, much more evocative than ITV4's attempts to cover the climb.

Great photos, but I actually thought it looked amazing on TV. It's rare you get a good impression of steepness but you did for that.

Agreed, they did a decent job. They could've kept a camera there to show everyone trying to get up the climb though. I was sure Tony Martin and Mark McNally we're just going to tumble over at one point.

I bet Jermaine was there to give Henderson a big push!
  • Great pics, thanks for sharing.
  • That is a proper Race Face that Henderson is pulling/ Brilliant shot.

There was a camera set up at the top of the climb, I don't know why they didn't use more of that footage.

I recorded video on my phone camera right at the very top corner which is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tubr15qbSWs

Wasn't paying a lot of attention to where it was pointing most of the time but it gives you an idea of the state they were in at the top of the hill and the atmosphere.
  • bikingscot wrote:
    That is a proper Race Face that Henderson is pulling/ Brilliant shot.

There was a camera set up at the top of the climb, I don't know why they didn't use more of that footage.

I recorded video on my phone camera right at the very top corner which is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tubr15qbSWs

Wasn't paying a lot of attention to where it was pointing most of the time but it gives you an idea of the state they were in at the top of the hill and the atmosphere.

Some great video there (between the jacket shots), I laughed my arse off at that Audi Quattro getting stuck at the top :lol:
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • Some great shots here - not mine mind.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnwellin ... 824127393/