rear light now (fit to pannier rack?)

roundthebend
roundthebend Posts: 205
edited September 2010 in Commuting general
THink I've got enough options to consider for my front light. Now I need a tail light. I was going to use one I already have but realised that I've got a saddle bag in the way so need to consider other options. Fitting to the pannier rack is an attractive option. There's currently a reflector on my rack, I wondered if there is some sort of standardised sizing for light brackets?

And, I'm sure someone posted a link to a well-respected Smart tail LED that was about £3. All I can find is £10+

Comments

• t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    I ride with a rack and bag and have the light on the bag, it's a topeak one and has a fabric attachment point
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • our most popul;ar option is the oxford carrier led. it has inbuilt reflectors and mounts in place of the rear rack reflector.
    they are sub £10 aswell. hope that helps.
  • I go for the light on the back of my trunkbag... I always take my trunkbag of the rack when I leave the bike so I don't have to worry about taking the light off as well.
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    Have got a CatEye 5 LED thing on the rack mount point but since that doesn't have reflectors have had to make a reflector holder sticking out the top of that. Not ideal TBH.
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • Cateye TL-LD560 Reflex says it comes with a rack adaptor and is also a BS reflector. It's £22 :shock: but although I don't have this actual light the Cateye ones I do have are all great. For an extra fiver there's the auto that turns on automatically!

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Catey ... 360053334/

Also spotted this one with a BS reflector and attaches to pannier racks for £9.

http://www.bikesyoulike.co.uk/product/3 ... LED_Light_