What a "Pratt" (ME)

StanwaySteve62
StanwaySteve62 Posts: 702
Well, made sure I did not overdo the drink last night, got most of what I needed to do sorted before I got up this morning before setting off to do a 50 mile charity ride.
SO got up nice and early, good breakie, prepared my drinks got my 'snacks' together, bike in the car, shoes in the car, gloves, drinks GPS charged, check.
Check event details, put postcode into satnav and off we go with time to spare.
Turn up at the address WROOONNNGGG !!. I went to the hospice that the fund rasing was for and the place is dead.
Ring mate who I'm doing the ride with NO ANSWER. Ring son who go's on Google and in the small print find out the ride starts somewhere else.
Only 20 mins detour so no biggie considering my mate is also running late.
Turn up, use the excellent toilet facilties, walk back to car just as mate turns up.
PERFECT until I get the bike out of the boot and realise that in my tinkering I had removed the pedals
ARGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

Comments

• dnrc
    dnrc Posts: 159
    You genius! Well done.

What did you do in the end? Guess you had to go home again?
  • Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    This made me chuckle :lol:
    Brian B.
  • taz3611
    taz3611 Posts: 172
    If it's any consolation, it was a really nice day. Quite a hilly little route but good. I did the same once but with a seatpost/seat. Realised after 50 miles. If it ain't broke....
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,083
    :lol:
  • Well, made sure I did not overdo the drink last night, got most of what I needed to do sorted before I got up this morning before setting off to do a 50 mile charity ride.
    SO got up nice and early, good breakie, prepared my drinks got my 'snacks' together, bike in the car, shoes in the car, gloves, drinks GPS charged, check.
    Turn up at the address WROOONNNGGG !!. I went to the hospice that the fund rasing was for and the place is dead.Ring mate who I'm doing the ride with NO ANSWER. Ring son who go's on Google and in the small print find out the ride starts somewhere else.
    Turn up, use the excellent toilet facilties, walk back to car just as mate turns up.
    PERFECT until I get the bike out of the boot and realise that in my tinkering I had removed the pedals
    ARGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

Rather unfortunate use of language......
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    That's weird. I had an anxiety dream the other night about turning up to a very hilly sportive and discovering I'd brought the fixie instead of the geared bike and that it had flat tyres and I had no pump.

woke up in a humiliated panic and then realised it had been a dream

"Don't be daft", I said to self, "that sort of thing would never actually happen to anyone!" :D

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• Well, made sure I did not overdo the drink last night, got most of what I needed to do sorted before I got up this morning before setting off to do a 50 mile charity ride.
    Turn up at the address WROOONNNGGG !!. I went to the hospice that the fund rasing was for and the place is dead.Ring mate who I'm doing the ride with NO ANSWER. Ring son who go's on Google and in the small print find out the ride starts somewhere else.
    ARGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

Rather unfortunate use of language......

WHY :?: :D Thought hospices had LIVE people in them
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,852
    My approach to bike preparation prior to sportives: -

1. Put some oil on the chain
    2. Stand back from the bike

:)
    Half man, Half bike
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    I saw a guy buying some pedals from the bikeshop stand at a sportive start a couple of years ago.

They weren't cheap, so rather than spotting a too-good-to-miss-it bargain, I assumed he'd brought bike sans pedals too...:lol:

Either that or he was trying clipless for the first time on a sportive ! :shock:
  • Was prob a blessing in disguise as the slight cold I woke up with turned to full on Man flu by the time I got back home.
    Think i would have really struggled
  • I unpacked the families bikes on holiday this year to find that the pedal Id removed to squeeze my youngests bike in the back of the car had been left in the garage at home

:(

Followed by trip to LBS to pay as much for a cheapo BMX pedal as I could have got Dura-ace online - probably......