Tour Ride Stoke 26/09/2010

kingrollo
kingrollo Posts: 3,198
Thinking of doing the 80k ride - as it my first sportive a few questions:-

Can I sign up on the day ?

The start is listed as between 9.00am & 10.00am - how does this work - just turn up sign on & go ?

Pretty confident of averaging at least 15mph - but hopefully higher - whats an acceptable average ?

What the protocol for tagging onto a group - do you ask - or just do a turn on the front

How do feed areas work ? - can I stop ? - or is it like in the tdf - where you grab a bag ?

Comments

• kingrollo wrote:
    1. Can I sign up on the day ?

2. The start is listed as between 9.00am & 10.00am - how does this work - just turn up sign on & go ?

3. Pretty confident of averaging at least 15mph - but hopefully higher - whats an acceptable average ?

4. What the protocol for tagging onto a group - do you ask - or just do a turn on the front

5. How do feed areas work ? - can I stop ? - or is it like in the tdf - where you grab a bag ?

1. On the South West ride you couldn't register on the day. However, you could register the evening before. I guess someone else will be able to confirm the situation with this.

2. On the South West ride as long as you had the timing chip on you could could just turn up and go.

3. I would have thought that an acceptable average is entirely personal, but 15 mph sounds fine for a tough route like this.

4. This has been covered in a recent thread on this forum. http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12728030

5. You stop at the feed stations.

Edindevon