Vuelta stage 14 **spoiler**

13»

Comments

• Bruseghin was also involved in the crash and lost 17 minutes.
  • iainf72 wrote:
    What a great stage. Bad luck for Igor, but the final climb was great stuff.

Bad luck indeed but hardly shocking that it was Euskatel that managed to crash their own race leader out! We saw this imeptitude in le tour from Euskatel - they seem to pay little to no attention to what's going on around them!!! Embarrassing from a pro tour team...
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    I thought it was just Lance and Sky that were a crash liability :D

Just my wee attempt at humour as I steel myself for more Carlton tonight...
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • DaveyL
    Except it doesn't appear to be on Eurosport...
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • It's on tomorrow
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    LangerDan wrote:
    The BBC really have their finger on the pulse

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_s ... 989677.stm

"Cavendish, who is now 65th on the overall standings list, will attempt a hat-trick in Saturday's 14th stage, a 178-km run from Burgos-Pena Cabarga."

Yeah - they got it WAY wrong. He's in 159th place! 8)
  • It's on tomorrow
    DaveyL wrote:
    Except it doesn't appear to be on Eurosport...
    In this order and you have the answer.
    Sunday being Eurosport's cycling day of lent.
    Oh and it will be Magnus and Mike Smith, when it eventually appears, 4 days late.
    (subject to Eurosport's frequent schedule changes, of course.)
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    Damn sounds like i missed the best stage so far! :( off to Steephill to catch up!
  • looked innocuous, but he got got up really badly. Real shame that.
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    "I'm disappointed for Anton. I only heard when I was stood on the podium," said Nibali.
    "I'm happy with my performance, but I'd have preferred to take the race lead in a different manner."

Euskaltel rider Anton was one of several riders to hit the asphalt on a slight downhill section of road with around 9km to race as the peloton continued their hot pursuit of stage leaders David Millar and Niki Terpstra.

Anton was left with scrapes all over his body and spent several minutes appraising his injuries and discussing whether to continue or not with team officials before finally pulling out.
    He was later diagnosed with a fractured elbow, according to team manager Igor Gonzalez de Galdeano, but Anton was later trying to keep his spirits up.

Gracious of Nibali. Well, I look forward to watching Anton tear it up in future grand tours, he has been a great watch this year.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    A trivia question here - who was the last rider to crash out of of GT in the leaders jersey? Crash and DNF in the same stage.

I don't know the answer myself, BTW.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • DaveyL
    Boardman?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Dave Z crashed out of the lead but not the race in the TDF in 05. I'm sure it happened in the Giro but can't remember for the life of me, maybe Visconti in 2008?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Dave Z crashed out of the lead but not the race in the TDF in 05. I'm sure it happened in the Giro but can't remember for the life of me, maybe Visconti in 2008?

Dave Z certainly finished the stage though and a few more. Visconti finished the whole Giro in 08'

Boardman in '98 is looking a good candidate.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • DaveyL
    RichN95 wrote:
    A trivia question here - who was the last rider to crash out of of GT in the leaders jersey?

Rasmussen :D
    Le Blaireau (1)