Mick Rogers

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited September 2010 in Pro race
Rumour has him at Sky or whatever Fly-V becomes next year....

Surely he'll be like Wiggins was for Sky and Fly-V will be gasping to hire him? They're not going to get the best Oz cyclist but Rogers aint' a bad pick for smaller stage races...

Also, some of Micks "history" might scare of Sky.

Thoughts?
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Given the amount of time Rogers has missed racing over the years, I'm not sure he'd want to risk signing for Fly-V who have no automatic guarantee of a ProTour licence. Spending the early part of 2011 scrapping around with the likes of Vacansoleil and Skil for race invites mightn't be high on his list of priorities.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    I'm not sure what he'd bring to Sky really. Chance of a TDU or Suisse tour maybe. I think they should be looking at younger blood.
  • He wouldn't win TDU. That's a sprinter's stage race is it not?
    Scottish and British...and a bit French
  • dulldave wrote:
    He wouldn't win TDU. That's a sprinter's stage race is it not?

Seems so for the most part. Rogers has won it before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tour_Down_ ... ll_Winners
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    He's good for two or three top tens in one week stage races, which is useful for ranking points, which are important these days.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    dulldave wrote:
    He wouldn't win TDU. That's a sprinter's stage race is it not?

Seems so for the most part. Rogers has won it before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tour_Down_ ... ll_Winners

It was a very different race when he won it. Mostly made up of domestic Australian riders.
  • Moomaloid wrote:
    I'm not sure what he'd bring to Sky really. Chance of a TDU or Suisse tour maybe. I think they should be looking at younger blood.

Are you kidding......He could help SKY win the 4th GT :wink: You know, that one in California. That Stapleton guy said it was the 4th GT so it must be true :lol:
    Do you have any Therapeutic Use Exemptions?
    No. Never have.
    Never? What about the cortisone?
    Well, obviously there was the cortisone
  • RichN95 wrote:
    He's good for two or three top tens in one week stage races, which is useful for ranking points, which are important these days.

I agree woth Rich. Aswell as stage wins being very important of course, the cumulative effort of the whole team is important too.
    Don't rake up my mistakes, i know exactly what they are.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Grimone wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

I agree woth Rich. Aswell as stage wins being very important of course, the cumulative effort of the whole team is important too.

He could easily win a couple of week long races a year now he's not bothered about the TdF; he'd be about the only decent rider peaking for Suisse for example.

Strava is not Zen.
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    I thought that sky's ethos was not to touch riders with 'history'.

Surely Mick falls into the questionable category from his t-mobile days, especially 2006 tdf?