What's wrong with Saxo Bank

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited September 2010 in Pro race
The huggggggge exodus. Has Riis run got no money?

I just read Alex Rasmussen has not been able to agree a contract and looks to be off.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,473
    I think most of his budget has gone on Contador and his entourage. I may brush off my palmares and send it to Riis as he may need some cheap domestiques.
  • A lot surely had to be out of contract and were induced by the bromances from the Schlecks before Riis found another sponsor.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    A lot surely had to be out of contract and were induced by the bromances from the Schlecks before Riis found another sponsor.

Certainly, but Alex Rasmussen is a) Danish b) very talented. Surely a Danish team would like to keep a bit of a Danish flava.

Add to this that is sounds like Chin-monster really wants to leave ....
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • A lot surely had to be out of contract and were induced by the bromances from the Schlecks before Riis found another sponsor.

yeah i think this aswell, maybe the uncertain future & team schleck, with the guys wanting to sign contracts or being made promises about team orders, tactics etc

maybe whilst schlecks are team leaders on grand tours maybe others have been promises to be leaders in classics or promises places on tours that they might not at saxo bank
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    Shite interest rates :?:
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    It's like when you play a fantasy cycling competition. You have the Schlecks and they cost you 40 points. If you transfer in Contador and his posse, that's going to cost you 50 points, so you need to downgrade elsewhere to make it work.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    FSA launched an investigation on 31 August...
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    FSA launched an investigation on 31 August...
  • Cycling is cleaning up and Riis was a doper?

See also Radioshack not getting invites to races.
  • I'll ride for a tenner a race - as long as I can have one of those yellow beeks where the chain comes off every now and then - so I can be reminded of my teenage cycling years on a crappy 'Sun' racer with shyte gears where the chain used to fall off every ride.