Fox forks

rockmonkeysc
rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
edited September 2010 in MTB general
A few people have told me that to keep my fox forks (F120r) working nicely I should keep my bike upside down. Some people say I should do this after every ride, soe say the night before every ride, some say one night a month. I ride this bike two or three times a week.
Do I really need to do this? and how often? Would moving to Australia have the same effect?

Comments

• Put the bike upside down for 30minutes prior to riding. As recommemded by TFTuned. ;)
  • inverting fox forks allows the bath oil to soak the seals. wet seals work much better than dry seals.
  • kenan
    kenan Posts: 952
    Is this true for Rockshox forks or just fox?
  • Have only been told about it since getting fox forks. Also keep getting told that fox forks are unreliable.
  • kenan
    kenan Posts: 952
    I'v always been told fox for the rear shock and rockshox for the front fork.
  • I haven't heard of needing to store RS forks upside down. Only Fox.

If anything Fox are more reliable than RS. Fox may take more maintenance but I wouldn't be knocking either.

Some people are preffering the Vivid Coil to a lot of other coil shocks just now. But there is a preference for the Float RP2/RP23 shocks to the Monarch Air.
  • What maintenance should I be giving my forks (fox & RS) & shock?
    Or do I just need to send them away for a service once a year?