Yay it's raining

Cafewanda
Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
edited September 2010 in Commuting chat
Am I wrong to be happy cycling in the rain? Got the wet weather gear ready :lol:

Safe journey home y'all!

Comments

• prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    Yup, when it's warm I'm likely to go light on clothes,, not put more on.

Do love riding in the rain though, mostly, it can bring a right smile to your face
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Am I wrong to be happy cycling in the rain?
    If you're sober at the time, yes.
  • _Brun_ wrote:
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Am I wrong to be happy cycling in the rain?
    If you're sober at the time, yes.

na I love it, though I ride a big solid bike with big safe mud guards etc.
  • I like the noise of the wet road... and coming through Dulwich Park tonight, the air smelt amazing after the rain.

And also love, once I'm already wet, going through puddles... makes me feel about 8 :lol:
  • nich
    nich Posts: 888
    That was fun, but no mudguards today, so a drenched backside :twisted:
  • Cafewanda wrote:
    Am I wrong to be happy cycling in the rain? Got the wet weather gear ready :lol:

Safe journey home y'all!

A bit wrong yes. At least it is still warm I guess.
  • Ok, I got a wet and a little bit cold yesterday. No problem. This morning, though, my front tyre was flat - the functure pairy likes hiding in puddles. This is when (inner) tube strikes hurt...
  • sc999cs
    sc999cs Posts: 596
    I almost feel sad that we had no rain here :(

Nothing like a rain shower to wash the cares away.
    Steve C
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Cafewanda

I didn't realise quite what a sick woman you are till this post :lol: TBH I'm dreading the first major downpour that will need a jacket as I've been riding in short sleeves for the last 6 months, I wore a jacket for a day last week and felt very uncomfortable and hot even with the zip undone as far as my bag would allow. I resorted to arm warmers for the rest of the cold days.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • I quite like riding in the rain - everything mechanical seems to feel that bit smoother somehow...
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Until the rust kicks in...
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • So far so good, not too cold, and riding in the rain gives me an odd smug feeling I can't quite put my finger on. Having to wear and cart around all the extra gear can be a pain though.

When we get that winter rain coupled with high winds, I don't think I'll be quite so cheerful.
  • nich
    nich Posts: 888
    And also love, once I'm already wet, going through puddles... makes me feel about 8 :lol:

Same here, I just went straight through them. I was having so much fun that I think I accidently might have splashed a pedestrian :oops:

I did get caught out by a pothole hidden under one though, but at least I know where it is now :evil:
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    edited September 2010
    After that initial happiness (yes Brun I was sober at the time) I missed it as my front tube needed replacing and by the time those lovely chaps and chapette at On Your Bike had sorted out my various tube/brake problems, it was a mere drizzle between London Bridge and Villiers Street :(

In other news, cycling home at night is rather nice when you've got a small amount of lights/reflectors on display. I particularly love the light on my Lidl helmet :D

Redvee - I am sick in ways you wouldn't believe............... according to my friends 8)
  • I got very wet yesterday and didn't mind one bit....loved the puddles :lol:

I do believe yesterday has taken third place on how wet I've ever been....top place goes to riding home in a thunderstorm - it flash flooded the roads and horizontal rain was pelting down, I was riding on Westferry Rd and had to take shelter in a bus stop just near the sailing club at Millwall dock along with 2 other cyclists....man did that rain hurt!! the second time was riding in to Holborn, I was most thankful we have a shower at work that day!! Think I stood there fully clothes for a good few minutes in shock at how much water was pouring off me.

I like the way that people get more sociable in adverse weather!!