best budget helmet

scruffyduncan
scruffyduncan Posts: 246
edited September 2010 in Road buying advice
I need a new lid, I don't want to spend loads (less than £50), I ride pretty hard and sweat quite a bit. The spesh chamonix got good reviews, but appears to be discontinued. Any suggestions?

Comments

• danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    Giro Monza?
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Buy whatever you like that fits you.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Funnily enough, I was in my lbs looking at a Monza yesterday. Great looking lid and I also found some good comments on previous threads on here. The only thing putting me off is the lack of a peak. They don't don't look great (peaks that is) but they do keep the sun off my pale skin and help keep the rain off my glasses in the wet weather. I might have to go for a Monza and get one of them there cotton racing caps that previously I have seen as the preserve of the leathery old gents I meet on audaxes (maybe they do know a thing or two after all :wink: ).
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 74,814
    Bobbinogs wrote:
    Funnily enough, I was in my lbs looking at a Monza yesterday. Great looking lid and I also found some good comments on previous threads on here. The only thing putting me off is the lack of a peak. They don't don't look great (peaks that is) but they do keep the sun off my pale skin and help keep the rain off my glasses in the wet weather. I might have to go for a Monza and get one of them there cotton racing caps that previously I have seen as the preserve of the leathery old gents I meet on audaxes (maybe they do know a thing or two after all :wink: ).

giordana-cap-10-med.jpg