MTB in Majorca

joshtp
joshtp Posts: 3,966
edited September 2010 in MTB general
Heading off to Majorca next week, staying in a small village in the north in the mountains. But its a family holiday, and i cant take my bike, however i do want to ride. So is there any good bike hire company's where i can get something decent? and are there any waymarked or mapped trails i should look at, or is a guid the only way to go? if so, who's good?

thanks!
I like bikes and stuff

Comments

• Cferg
    Cferg Posts: 347
    edited September 2010
    double post, sorry!
  • Cferg
    Cferg Posts: 347
    I was in the same situation, week before we went I thought I'd buy a copy of MBUK for a read on the plane/in the sun. Turn to page three and what is there but a 2 page picturesque photo of Majorca with two guys going up a technical climb. Looked awesome unfortunately I didn't go to it but it made me want to. I think the place is called Sa Calobra which luckily for you is in the north :wink: Not too far from (Peurto) Pollenca.

http://www.tramuntanatours.com/mtb.html

Have a look there, they've got rental bikes and tours, couple of the places I went to and would highly recommend.
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    Cferg wrote:
    I was in the same situation, week before we went I thought I'd buy a copy of MBUK for a read on the plane/in the sun. Turn to page three and what is there but a 2 page picturesque photo of Majorca with two guys going up a technical climb. Looked awesome unfortunately I didn't go to it but it made me want to. I think the place is called Sa Calobra which luckily for you is in the north :wink: Not too far from (Peurto) Pollenca.

http://www.tramuntanatours.com/mtb.html

Have a look there, they've got rental bikes and tours, couple of the places I went to and would highly recommend.

Makes me want to go to the travel agent and book a late deal :)

too bad i can't, maybe next year
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport