Farking dogs (or their owners)!

2»

Comments

• Wappygixer
    Wappygixer Posts: 1,396
    Have you ever cosidered it may not always be dogs?
    Lots of other animals out there, Foxes shoot is not all that disimilar to a dogs.
    It is not the dogs fault either way, if they need to go they go, its down to the owners to clear it up.

• Really? I'm not the one going around biting dogs.

No but if you're on the level and have been bitten many times you're doing something to antagonise them.

its very rare to find a psycho dog that will bite for no reason.

+1 on picking up after them, I've got 3 to cart bags of dung around for. They're like children, you choose to have them, you should take responsibility for teaching them to behave properly/picking up what they do something that is only wrong by an entirely alien set of rules to them.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Wappygixer wrote:
    It is not the dogs fault either way, if they need to go they go, its down to the owners to clear it up.
    As a dog owner I would have thought this is entirely obvious, I think putting them down should be the penalty for leaving dog poo lying around, possibly the dogs as well.
  • Wappygixer
    Wappygixer Posts: 1,396
    bompington wrote:
    Wappygixer wrote:
    As a dog owner I would have thought this is entirely obvious, I think putting them down should be the penalty for leaving dog poo lying around, possibly the dogs as well.

Should you be put down too then when you stop for a pee at the side of the road??
  • kev77
    kev77 Posts: 433
    I cannot belive i have just wasted 5 minutes of my life reading a pointless thread,

Yes i own a dog ( a doberman ) and he is looked after and knows how to behave!

I cycled through one of the local villages last night and not once did i think about all the horse muck on the road or should now the riders stop, dismount and clean the muck up off the road as well?

Yes it is disrespectfull if people do not clear up after there pets, but some of the coments on here?

Grow up people.
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    its a good job he doesnt go riding in some of the places ive been jogging. i didnt clean up after myself.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    kev77 wrote:
    I cannot belive i have just wasted 5 minutes of my life reading a pointless thread,
    You obviously haven't been on the internet much before then...
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    Wappygixer wrote:
    Have you ever cosidered it may not always be dogs?
    Lots of other animals out there, Foxes shoot is not all that disimilar to a dogs.

Trust me, I know the difference. This wasn't fox.

I'm a dog owner myself but clear up after him. The only time I don't is if he goes in the undergrowth in the woods, way off the path and it's therefore no risk to anyone.

When I started this thread I'd got home from riding proper paths all the way, I just don't understand why people cant clear it up in that situation, same as on the pavement or in the park....

The other classic is bagging it then throwing the bag into a tree.

Dog $hit bags hanging like xmas decs, except they are there for months/years. I'd rather have a bit of my tyres than that.

BJB
  • kev77 wrote:

I cycled through one of the local villages last night and not once did i think about all the horse muck on the road or should now the riders stop, dismount and clean the muck up off the road as well?

Yes it is disrespectfull if people do not clear up after there pets, but some of the coments on here?

Grow up people.

you're new here arent you. all good for a bit of give and take and occasionally done for effect and to try and provoke a bite :wink:
  • BigJimmyB
    kev77 wrote:

Grow up people.

You wasted another 2 posting that comment.

Horse cr@p on the the road is totally irrelavent, as is your choice of dog. Dog $hit is dog $hit, end of. It's nasty, poisonous and a disgrace to spoil country side trails with it.

Is that the bite you wanted?
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    Some dog owners are bastards. We had brand new bins delivered by the council and left outside the house on a hot day and some reprobate put his bag of dog shite in our lovely new bin and closed the lid so it stank something rotten by the end of the day and it hadn't even been used yet. That smell is still in the bin. Someone else collected all the bags of shite from a field near us and piled them up next to a wall and wrote on the wall
    "dog owners` brains", with an arrow pointing at the bags. These are the same dog walkers who are protesting about a proposed bicycle trail being put there. Bastards.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • kev77
    BigJimmyB wrote:
    kev77 wrote:

Grow up people.

You wasted another 2 posting that comment.

Horse cr@p on the the road is totally irrelavent, as is your choice of dog. Dog $hit is dog $hit, end of. It's nasty, poisonous and a disgrace to spoil country side trails with it.

Is that the bite you wanted?

I did not want no bite you idiot, i have seen these type of post for years.

Is that the type of bite you would like though?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I have no idea how anyone could pick up a fresh steaming dog turd.

No way I could do it, hence why I don't have a dog.
  • BigJimmyB
    @kev77 you're the idiot, if you can't see the difference between horse manure in the street and dogs mess on country trails.

Get back in your hole.

@antfly, annoying though it may have been to have a stinky bin, I think I'd prefer that to it laying around on the pavement/park. Sure you'll agree.
  • talking of dogs, get a load of these puppies

scousebyooty.jpg
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • kev77
    idiot ha ha, hole? pathetic

Key board warrior? definiatley.

Listen at the end of the day we are both dog owners, i do not condone what you are saying but!

Do not come on here ranting about what other people do, you will never make a change to how people act with there dogs.

Just out of curiosity?

What breed doyou own?
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    BigJimmyB wrote:

@antfly, annoying though it may have been to have a stinky bin, I think I'd prefer that to it laying around on the pavement/park. Sure you'll agree.

You haven't smelt the bin. It's the mother of all smells.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • BigJimmyB
    I know that smell antfly - yuk. Still prefer it in the bin that in my nostrils via the bike cos of some a$$hole who can't/won't clean up after their dog!

Kev, suddenly I'm pathetic by calling you an idiot - you went first with idiot, so.......?...anyway let's get back to being grown ups eh?

Firstly, many many people come on her to spout off, even you've done it on this thread with your first post. I might not change anyone but I am still entitled to come on here and have a rant - that's my prereogative and that of lots of others here.

I'll say it again - dog breed is irrelevant, if said dog $hits on a path it should be cleared up as it's a health hazard - see antfly's earlier comment re:loss of eye. Your comparison re:horse manure (esp on the road as you say) just doesn't work as it's mainly part-digested grass and largely harmless, although I'll admit I'll avoid it on trails where possible.
  • flipp
    flipp Posts: 52
    hate to say it but horse poo is just as dangerous as I found out years ago ,whilst out on my motorbike going down a local back lane I managed to find some in the middle of the road just after a tight bend(was only doing about 35-40 following a car)which sent me down the road causing damage to the bike and took me out of action for a couple of weeks not to mention the costof being off work and repairing the bike.! YES I DO THINK HORSE OWNERS SHOULD STOP AND CLEAR UP.
  • I stopped a woman letting her dog go on a small bit of grass outside my kids svchool a few years ago and her answer to me saying dont let your dog go there was 'it has to go some where' to which I said well pick up after it.
    She was dropping off her kids but did not live near the school :evil:
  • BigJimmyB
    flipp wrote:
    hate to say it but horse poo is just as dangerous as I found out years ago ,whilst out on my motorbike going down a local back lane I managed to find some in the middle of the road just after a tight bend(was only doing about 35-40 following a car)which sent me down the road causing damage to the bike and took me out of action for a couple of weeks not to mention the costof being off work and repairing the bike.! YES I DO THINK HORSE OWNERS SHOULD STOP AND CLEAR UP.

Oops, a different kind of health hazard - indeed a case for clearing up!

Hope you and bike are OK now.
  • flipp
    flipp Posts: 52
    yes thanks,although bike has gone and hip still gives me touble sometimes