2010 Discounted Prices

Velke
Velke Posts: 61
edited September 2010 in Road buying advice
Am looking at a couple of new bikes and was wondering if it's worth hanging a bit longer to see if there will be any further drop in price's?

Accept the risk that one may miss out on stock (61 cm frame for me).

Do you think the shops will accept any lower price's.

Good to hear from other's

Many thanks
Specialized Roubaix Elite - Ultegra Di2
Canyon Inflite 9.0 - Ultegra

Comments

• I'd snap up the last focus cayo 105 in that size if I were you, I bought one and should be here on friday
  • Phate
    Phate Posts: 121
    Velke wrote:
    Am looking at a couple of new bikes and was wondering if it's worth hanging a bit longer to see if there will be any further drop in price's?

Accept the risk that one may miss out on stock (61 cm frame for me).

Do you think the shops will accept any lower price's.

Good to hear from other's

Many thanks

Doubt they will drop anymore tbh, stocks are getting pretty low in most shops and they will be willing to hold on to a handful of 2010 bikes for a couple of months if they don't sell quickly at the current prices! Once the 2011 bikes come into stock the 2010 bikes will look even better value and won't last long!
    exercise.png
  • d70ar9
    d70ar9 Posts: 139
    Your size
    And quality Price...
    http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=J0052
    'All that is solid melts into air' Marx and Engels
  • vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    High demand due to cycle to work, sportifs increased popularity etc means more bikes are sold so some sizes/colours will go

Although prices sometimes drop after Xmas for that size XXL bright pink bike, VAT increases in January will add £38 onto a £1500 bike

So I'd say buy now-ish and don't wait

2011 bikes only seem to be slightly more expensive, there isn't a huge leap in price like there was last year
  • Although prices sometimes drop after Xmas for that size XXL bright pink bike, VAT increases in January will add £38 onto a £1500 bike

I bet prices will go far higher than that. At least round it up to the next £100. Or £500. Or maybe £1000 :roll:
    Say... That's a nice bike..
    Trax T700 with Lew Racing Pro VT-1 ;-)
  • sundog
    sundog Posts: 243
    If its reduced and in your size get it, the focus cayo was dropped to £829 last year IIRC
    I like white bikes