Lancashire Loop

I have signed up to do the following event

http://www.anthonynolan.org/What-you-ca ... -Loop.aspx

i will be doint the 100 mile route and was just wondering if anyone else has ever done this event/route before and if so what bike they used i was hoping to do it on my road bike (trek 2.3) but wanted to make sure first that the route is suitable for a road bike
2009 Stumpjumper FSR Comp

2008 Gt Avalanche 1.0

2010 Trek 2.3

Comments

• I've never done this or any other event but your post got me looking at the website.
    Choose from 18, 50 and 100 mile on-road routes.

From what it says it sounds like it's all on road so your Trek 2.3 would be ok. Pity there isn't more route info on the website.
    FCN : 8

Fast Hybrid 7.
    Baggies +1
    SPD's -1
    Full mudguards for a dry bottom. + 1
  • Garz
    Garz Posts: 1,155
    Im hopefully doing the 100 event too. I dont think it will be as tough as the other events held in this area, I got the route emailed to me by the organiser but they havnt got it in gpx form.

Shall check out the profile when I'm back home and not in a hotel working away using wifi that's below 56k modem yesteryear speeds
  • Your Trek will be absolutely fine, why would you think otherwise?
    It is one of the easier routes in the area and very nice as well- enjoy the ride.
  • I did the 100 mile route in 2008 and have signed up to do it again this year.
    The first 50 miles has all the hills in it, but after that is is fairly flat. No problem doing it on a road bike, as the full route is on tarmac roads.
    It took me 6jhs 16 mins last time out
  • Garz
    You have a gpx for this route lockers?
  • No sorry I haven't. I was looking for something to refesh my memory. I I come across anything I'll let you know.
  • Hi,
    Anyone else doing the 100 mile route tomorrow?
  • Garz
    Yep I will be, off to bed now and up at 5.. :shock:

See you there!
  • Garz
    Completed this years 100 mile route. As far as I'm aware the route got changed and definitely worked my sore legs. Was off the bike for two weeks with a knee injury playing football leading to this so not great preparation.

Last 10 miles I was goosed getting aching shoulders and sore butt. Must train far better for the next one! :lol:
  • I did the 50m route in 2.58 and was second back. Will def go for the longer one next yr
  • Hello to all of you that took part in this event yesterday.
    I just wanted to say an enormous thank you for your support to our charity Medequip4kids

At some point during the day i would have met all of you and i would just like to say what an inspiration you all are.
    I bet there are some sore peaches today.

Next year we would like lots more cyclists and i was hoping you would spread the word.
    Pass my number about 07929632040 if needed

Loop 2011 is sceduled for Sunday 9th October. We are not taking registrations yet but we will take details and as soon as registration is open we will send you the details.

Thank you again.
    Sarah X
  • Garz wrote:

See you there!

Have you seen any of the photos taken on the day?

I ended up in a group with a few lads from the manchester area. What kit did you have on, you will probably be in some of the pictures.
  • Good Morning All you crazy bikers

i hope you all are feeling a little more human today.
    As you may have been aware there was a photographer taking some great pictures of you all on Sunday.

Have a mooch and see if you can spot yourself. If you choose to buy any of the images a further 25% from ever sale will be donated to our charity.

www.cyclesportphotos.com is where the images are.

http://www.medequip4kids.org.uk/news.asp?id=772

Thank you again.
    You are all stars

Sarah x
  • Garz
    lockersgm wrote:
    Garz wrote:

See you there!

Have you seen any of the photos taken on the day?

I ended up in a group with a few lads from the manchester area. What kit did you have on, you will probably be in some of the pictures.

Hi, the photos I seen were not too many (none of me). I was in the last pack of five riders off around the 08:35 time so way off the 08:00 start time which might explain why.

Most photos seem to have targetted the smaller routes judging by the flat bar pictures and not so knackered faces! :)

I was wearing red/white clobber with a yellow gilet on a boardman comp.
  • oooh well we are getting a new website soon. and all the photos will be on there via flikr.
    I am out of the office today and tomorrow but i will check next week if thats ok.

Take care
    Sarah.
    Ps i was`nt riding a bike. Sadly i had to work. I was the girl who set you all off. Long dark hair wearing a medequip4kids tshirt and jumper and looking a little spaced out from the early morning. .
    hope that helps jog memory .
    x
  • Hey for anyone who is interested Lancashire Loop 2013 is open fro registration

http://www.medequip4kids.org.uk/events/ ... lenge.html