I went out for a pint with Andy

northernneil
northernneil Posts: 1,549
edited September 2010 in Pro race
whats the worse that could happen ?

:P

Comments

• Schleck (and O'Grady) have already mentally left Saxo-Bank.

Frankly, his attitude is very unprofessional and Riis would be completely justified in susending his pay. It doesn't matter if it was 1 pint or 10, he hasn't respected the rules imposed on all the riders and thinks he's a special case.

All this from a 'superstar' rider, who's only (for all his potential) stage race win to date is the Fleche du Sud. Ages ago.
  • yeah the first thing i thought when i heard was the old classic that i'm leaving so i can do what i like.

seems rather stupid to me though when involved in the start up of a new team & looking for sponsors & such like :roll:
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Schleck (and O'Grady) have already mentally left Saxo-Bank.

Frankly, his attitude is very unprofessional and Riis would be completely justified in susending his pay. It doesn't matter if it was 1 pint or 10, he hasn't respected the rules imposed on all the riders and thinks he's a special case.

All this from a 'superstar' rider, who's only (for all his potential) stage race win to date is the Fleche du Sud. Ages ago.

I agree but that's a heck of a partial look at Schleck's palmares :wink:

Strava is not Zen.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Is it true that they were out til 5am ?? At first I thought Riis had overreacted, but if thats true - then I'm with him 100%.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • csp
    csp Posts: 777
    “We had two beers, that's all. Some members of the European press over here have made us sound like we were on the drink all night. That's simply not true. I don't want to sound like I'm whinging, but the decision to pull us out of the race was harsh.”

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ogrady- ... -expulsion
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    Who cares,. Schlecks have their shiny new team, Riis gets Contador and potentially the Double he's always wanted to achieve as a DS - everyone's happy and the 2011 season should be interesting...
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Reading some of the Danish reports is interesting. Looks like they were bust coming back in at 5:30 but someone who wasn't Riis, Andy may have been drunk at the start. And it wasn't the first time in this Vuelta.

Andy, me old mucker, top tip, there is no personality in the bottom of a bottle.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • rajMAN
    rajMAN Posts: 429
    Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Franks got a bigger job on! :(
  • iainf72 wrote:

Is that true that if I touch a boobie little High Road will harden the fudge up?
  • calvjones wrote:
    Schleck (and O'Grady) have already mentally left Saxo-Bank.

I agree but that's a heck of a partial look at Schleck's palmares :wink:

I know - was a bit tongue-in-cheek, but does illustrate a point. Schleck thinks he's the big 'I am', but he's hardly a win machine. Sure, when he puts his mind to it, he's the second best Tour de France climber/rider in the peleton. Hardly worthy of a 'normal rules don't apply to me' mentality. I've gone right of Andy Schleck since this year's Tour - he's clearly starting to beleive his own hype.