cumbrian christmas cracker

bugsrabbit
bugsrabbit Posts: 182
I've never done this one before, but have just booked it. Any body else had a go before?

Comments

• I did it last year. It was a good day out. Late start due to ice on the roads and they removed the first climb. Couldn't feel my fingers for the first half an hour but once the circulation got going it was ok. Nice atmosphere and lots of working together made for a relatively easy ride and the views were stunning as we had a crisp sunny day for it.

I'm signed up again this year anyway :)
  • Not doing it this year, but was down for 2008 (snowed off) and did it last year (as noted above, delayed for icy roads and Red Bank taken out of the equation). It's a lovely route. If you get a clear crisp day the views are fantastic. Friendly atmopshere and great to get Xmas pud and custard at the end of it!
  • dmch2
    dmch2 Posts: 731
    Christmas pud and custard you say? That might be enough to persuade me... :)

I've never ridden a road bike in winter (this will be the first year) - is it just a case of taking a few extra layers and some sort of bike bag to stuff them in when/if it warms up?
    2010 Trek 1.5 Road - swissstop green, conti GP4000S
    2004 Marin Muirwoods Hybrid