Buying a bike, changing new parts

father_jack
father_jack Posts: 3,509
edited September 2010 in Road buying advice
Looking into Team Replica, but want to swap out the GXP bottom bracket and GXP Sram Force chainset straight away. Wonder if anyone here would be interested in them? Will be brand new.
Say... That's a nice bike..
Trax T700 with Lew Racing Pro VT-1 ;-)

Comments

• amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Why?
    More problems but still living....
  • I've asked Wiggle if they can replace chainset with BB30 chainset, nope. :cry:
  • amaferanga
    So you wanted a BB30 chainset, but you didn't actually know what it was?
  • I know what BB30 is. The frame is BB30, but the BB/chainset on the bike is GXP.
  • amaferanga
    That's very strange. Still at least you can stick a BB30 chainset on it. You'll likely get a decent amount for the Force chainset/BB on here or ebay.
  • Next years Team Replica is full BB30 chainset, but because of VAT it'll be much higher than £2000 (or £1400 when the sale comes round again) :-(

If it was just the BB ..£200 chainset though..
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Why do you want the BB30?
  • It seems bikes are coming like computers :roll: older products hard to find. Hard to look around for a couple of cassettes. Wiggle no longer sell them either. I've started to notice taper BB are coming harder to find especially for campag.
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    It seems bikes are coming like computers :roll: older products hard to find. Hard to look around for a couple of cassettes. Wiggle no longer sell them either. I've started to notice taper BB are coming harder to find especially for campag.

what does this have to do with BB30..?
  • Next years Team Replica is full BB30 chainset, but because of VAT it'll be much higher than £2000 (or £1400 when the sale comes round again) :-(

If it was just the BB ..£200 chainset though..

Not because of VAT.
    £2000 incl 17.5% VAT would be £2043 incl 20% VAT. (or £1430 for your sale one)

Exchange rates / inflation / manufacturers thinking a new model year / new paint job should cost 10% more are the reason for yearly price hikes.