Quick sag question

J_Prid
J_Prid Posts: 20
edited September 2010 in MTB general
I know the basics of setting sag but can someone tell me on F/S bike do you set the sag the same front and back??

Comments

• andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    i've just gone of the manual i got with the bike and the guide on the fork leg and slightly fine tuned it to somewhere what feels right but, i would say the actual sag on the front (on mine anyway) is about half of what i have on the rear.

don't know if this is correct or not, maybe i could do with some help here too :? :lol:
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • Alot of people say about 30%.

But what your aiming to do really is basicly use all your travel. so if you hit your trails and use half you travel its wrong :p

some people then go firmer as they like pedaling effieceny, I prefer more like 40% sag as it's rocky here on the downs and i like the abosorbtion.
  • jayson
    jayson Posts: 4,606
    I have about 30% sag front and rear and it seems to work ok for me, im more concerned about dialing in the correct rebound but that s a matter of trial and error and seeing what feels right rather than a scientific measurement.
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    I think setting up the rear is a bit more tricky as different sus systems behave differently. Some systems can work better if the shock is set soft and lots of sag others may run differently. Then you have to factor in personal preferences too. I'd contact the frame manufacturer and use their advise as a ball park figure and from there.
  • Did I miss the question do I use same sag front and back I know how to set it and how much??
  • Ok I see so it's up to me.