Independent Wheel builders

hairybiker
hairybiker Posts: 19
edited September 2010 in MTB general
Anyone know of a good experienced wheel builder West London/Home Counties? (Not in a shop) No need to tell me how easy it is, or that I should go on a course, or that I can see how to do it via a video on whatever website! I just want to use a professional – Thanks!

Comments

• RobGT
    RobGT Posts: 132
    A well established shop will have an experienced wheel builder. Why not a shop?

Don't think anyone will start telling you to learn how to do it on here.

I'd build you a wheel if I were closer to you!
  • Most shops will want to supply the parts and not just do the build and I already have the parts
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    Can't speak for your local shops but mine (Icycles in Innerleithen and The Hub at Glentress) are more than happy to build stuff if I supply the parts. I would be very surprised if your local shops weren't the same
  • If you can come up to oxford we can do it for you.

PM me for more info.
  • I have just had some wheels built by Harry Rowland - absolutely brilliant, he is very easy to talk too and extremely knowledgable about his craft. The wheels were couriered to me in a secure and well packed box. He lives in Ramsgate, kent and you can find out more info on his website www.harryrowland.co.uk. You can see a review of his wheels on this very site - go to bikes and gear / components / wheelsets and filter his name under brands. Enjoy.