Superstar Components...

toby_winkler
toby_winkler Posts: 1,298
edited September 2010 in MTB general
Right so I ordered some new grips from superstar the other day, went for Orange with white lock rings. They turned up this morning, and grips are orange yes but they have come with red bar end kind of lock rings that are meant to be £1 extra. I know a few people have had superstar send them upgrades before when brake pads where out of stock, I'm guessing the same sort of thing has happened here (although the white lock rings and white bar end lock rings are both in stock)

I know superstar have an account on here, so if you read this leave a comment as to what I should do. The grips are awesome, and the bars end lock rings are top quality, they just don't go with the built I'm going to be doing.

Anyone else had the same problem? Had to send the grips back, or if I email them will they send me the white lock rings separately?

Comments

• I got red grips with black lock-ons (didn't even know you had a choice?)

But my previous grips have the same lock-on type so I've mixed and matched.
  • I got red grips with black lock-ons (didn't even know you had a choice?)

But my previous grips have the same lock-on type so I've mixed and matched.

If you pay like £1 extra from the normal grips, you can choose the colour of the lock rings that you get. Then there is like bar end plus lock rings which are another £1 extra, which is what they have sent me in red instead of the white normal lock rings which I wanted.
  • i'd email them... they're pretty good, might just send you new lockrings if you're lucky :)

For a quid, i doubt they'll be that fussy tbh.
  • Why don't you just contact SS direct?

More importantly...did you get a bag of Haribo?
  • I have also emailed them directly through the website, just wanted to see if anyone else had had the same problem and what they did about it, plus I know they have an account on here so might be able to comment through here.

And no Haribo arrived with grips :(
  • rrice
    rrice Posts: 23
    Got my bag of Haribo with my new brake pads this morning. Absolutely delighted with the Haribo's but I can't see whether they are the sintered or organic ones.....

Haven't fitted the brake pads yet so can't say anything useful about them.
    S-Works Enduro
    Cannondale Scalpel 3000
    Cannondale Rush 2
    Kona Explosif
    Mythic Morphine
    Giant Defy Advanced
    Carrera TDF
  • Oh yeah with regards to brake pads, I'm sure when people got sent better ones than they ordered they also got a letter saying they had upgraded them due to lack of stock. I didn't get anything about them changing my order, so maybe it was just a genuine mistake?
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    rrice wrote:
    Got my bag of Haribo with my new brake pads this morning. Absolutely delighted with the Haribo's but I can't see whether they are the sintered or organic ones.....

Sintered have a gold backing, organic have a black backing and kevlar have a red backing
  • JonnyN
    JonnyN Posts: 181
    peter413 wrote:
    Sintered have a gold backing, organic have a black backing and kevlar have a red backing

I think he meant the haribo.... :D:D:D
    "Time you enjoy wasting, is not a waste of time"

"I'm too young to be too old for this shit"

Specialized FSRxc Expert 2008
    Kona Stinky 2008 (Deceased)
    Trek Scratch Air 8 2010 (Work in Progress)
  • I sent back brake pads to exchange for diffrent ones over 2 weeks now, ive emailed and emailed with no response
  • Still no reply from them via email, has anyone contacted them recently and actually got a response?
  • *AJ*
    *AJ* Posts: 1,080
    Tel: 0845 4758338
    Opening hours: 9am-5pm Monday-Friday

Call them, I cant see them ignoring the phone, unless their customer service has suddenly become unimportant to them?

Ive used Superstar for ages and never had an issue. Ive never had to return anything though.
  • They just emailed me saying they want me to return the items, so should I send back the whole grips or just the lock rings? Its annoying now that I have to pay for the postage back to them (I know its not much but still!) when it was their mistake and not mine.
  • JonnyN
    JonnyN Posts: 181
    Just send back the lockrings...
    "Time you enjoy wasting, is not a waste of time"

"I'm too young to be too old for this shit"

Specialized FSRxc Expert 2008
    Kona Stinky 2008 (Deceased)
    Trek Scratch Air 8 2010 (Work in Progress)
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    They just emailed me saying they want me to return the items, so should I send back the whole grips or just the lock rings? Its annoying now that I have to pay for the postage back to them (I know its not much but still!) when it was their mistake and not mine.

They're legally required to refund your postage as it's their error. If you're using your distance selling regs rights to return an item you don't like, you can still claim back the postage unless they specifically state in their TOS that you can't.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Don't really know why I asked whether I should send back just the lock rings, common sense really isn't it!

They did just send me another email with regards to postage, they said they would refund it but if its just the lock rings I can pop them in the standard post, not really bothered about the cost of a stamp!

If I don't get Haribo when I get the proper lock rings back though I will not be happy!!!
  • Hello sorry you got a miss pack, we have been swamped with orders in the last two weeks and we have had people off at Eurobike show, so we are lagging behind on emails a little. I see you have got a response via email from your comments, but if you have any further questions just PM on here or email the contact@ email address.

If you recieve the wrong parts just fill out the returns form and pop them back in the post. if it is our fault then just put a note on your returns form in the comments box that you would like a postage refund, and make sure your payment details (ie paypal order number 35xxx) and we can process it ASAP for you. All explained in the T&Cs link on the returns form.

Email is the easiest way to contact, but it can take a few hours to reply as the office people are usualy busy getting orders processed etc at the same time. We do everything in date order so if its a mondya bear with us as we are catching up on a whole weekends worth of orders and mail.

No doubt you will get the bits you wanted soon and most likely some more extra haribo :o)

Neil (superstar)
  • oh and you onjly need to send the lockrings back if they were the only incorrect part. No point in wasting money on postage, just make sure they are not too thick and end up as a large letter. Im sure they will swap for either type to suit you if you ask nicely!

Neil
  • SuperstarComponents.com

Thanks for the reply, always nice to see the company's actually looking through the forums to see if anyone has had any problem. Everything has been sorted, and lock rings will be popped in the post today.

I will contact you if I don't receive any Hairbo ;)
  • On the subject of Superstar I am well impressed with the kevlar pads. They performed really well out in Morzine. I did use a set on the front in 3 days but they performed miles better than the avid sintered that were in there before them.

Not too grabby but all the stopping power I needed when called upon.
  • upinsmoke wrote:
    On the subject of Superstar I am well impressed with the kevlar pads. They performed really well out in Morzine. I did use a set on the front in 3 days but they performed miles better than the avid sintered that were in there before them.

Not too grabby but all the stopping power I needed when called upon.
    \

That's good because i've just ordered some (thursday), received yesterday and hopefully fit them today :)

Impressed with the service so far.
    For professional MTB & BMX coaching, training & guiding!
    www.pedaltoprogression.com
  • I ordered a wheel set 14 days ago and Superstar components still havent made any progress with my order. Im still waiting and Superstar have not contacted me as they said they would do one week ago.

So far im very disappointed with Superstar. But ive still got hope even if my patience is running out with this company.
  • give them a ring, they answer the phone during normal office hours (9-5) mon to fri.

however as neil from superstar said a few days ago on another thread (they are on t forum too) they were all crazy busy at eurobike so things got a wee bit behind. but yeah just give them a ring :) im sure they'll sort you out.
  • Well I´ve tried to call them more than 40 times but they didnt answer the phone. Sent them five emails and they havent answered any of those either. What else can I do? Do I have to buy a aeroplane ticket from Sweden so I can go to the store my self?
  • hmm thats really poor. i tried to ring them 2 weeks ago and never got an answer or a call back, but rang them on tuesday i think it was and they picked up on the second ring. sorry to hear they arent offering u their normal superb service, tis abit dissapointing.
  • Hi Goran

Sorry for the lack of update, it's been crazy in the office since Eurobike, you should have got an email from us... I'll look into that for you. Anyway, the good news is it was posted on Friday, so it should be with you really soon.

Let us know if you have any more problems, we want to keep our customers happy.

Neil (Superstar)
  • Hello goran, i am back in to office now. I can only find a couple of emails both of which we replied to. We have an email bounce from one of them so i think there is a email problem causing the lack of news.

If you have any problems just PM me on here. Your custom wheels are in the post currently and should be with you any time now.

Regards, Neil
  • website seems busted too. keeps sendingme back to the login page unless i keep going back and clicking the links over and over (even tried registering and didn't solve it) unless it's just my works server being stupid...................(using ie8)
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    I have been trying to phone for a week now after you twice sent me organic pads when I ordered sintered.

I just want to make sure that I am right when I conclude that black pads are NOT organic? This is what the colour scheme implies but I dont understand why you have sent me the wrong ones twice if that is the case.

Have emailed again today as I have given up with the phone.

Am about to give up in general and buy my pads elsewhere as it doesnt look like I will be able to get you to send me the ones I want...

Will PM you as well to make sure you get this message but am starting to lose hope.
  • Still no sign of my wheel set. Their homepage says my order is still "processing".
    But training your patience is a good thing isnt it?

EDIT: September 17 2010.
    Today I finally got my wheelset.