Neil McC
Neil McC Posts: 625
edited September 2010 in Pro race
Stuart O'Grady & Andy Schleck did not start today apparently

10_perfil.gif

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Who was it who said Andy would not finish?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    I thought Andy was staying the distance as he was focused on helping Frank towards victory?
  • iainf72
    Danish media are reporting Riis threw them off the race
  • iainf72
    I wonder what it was. Eating cake on the rest day?

Riis looks like a man under pressure.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,473
    Anyone care to speculate what a violation of internal rules actually is?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,223
    Very odd. Always thought of O'Grady as a model pro so surprised that he has broken some team rule. Better re-visit PTP as I've got Andy down for a stage at some point this week!
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    edited September 2010
    andyp wrote:

Not related to doping apparently
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    andyp wrote:
    Anyone care to speculate what a violation of internal rules actually is?

I would say it's 90% likely to be poaching Saxo riders and staff for Team Schleck.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Lead-swinging of biblical proportions?

AndyS gave the impression of someone who's riding under protest. "I'll go , but you can't make me race"
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • andyp
    RichN95 wrote:

I would say it's 90% likely to be poaching Saxo riders and staff for Team Schleck.

That's my hunch. I'd prefer it if they'd been eating cake on the rest day though, as per Iain's suggestion.
  • Too many shandies if you ask me
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    iainf72 wrote:
    Who was it who said Andy would not finish?

Everyone.
  • andyp
    They went for a drink after dinner.

Boring.
  • I KNEW that picking Frank Schleck for the overall was a mistake, think this has confirmed it. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if he abandoned the race in support of his poor little picked on brother.

Sending them home seems harsh though, so long as it really was just a drink or two. Would have thought that a public dressing down or a fine would have been better for the team as it wouldn't dent their chances for the rest of the race so badly. Maybe a convenient excuse for getting rid of them...
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • its hardly England football team type behaviour is it?

Smuggle Rooney's lady friend back to the room boys if you want to do it in style.
  • Or maybe if O'Grady had pulled the elephant trick in the lobby of their hotel before tying a drunken and naked Andy Schleck to a lampost outside the local police station.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • This has echos of Sastre's final Vuelta for Riis, when he came out and said that Riis was making it hard for him as he was leaving for Cervelo
  • Interesting.

Lightweight.

Never liked Andy much. Go to Luxy team. Next year he gets worked over by Contador and Riis.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • afx237vi
    J-Rod took a 1 second bonus at the first intermediate sprint. That's the red jersey for him.
  • Why is there bloody tennis still on?

Ooooo Sharapova :D
  • Rodriquez should have had the jersey before now. He was robbed by the commissaires both at an intermediate sprint and for gapping Anton at the finish (they gave same time)
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Well done Mr Schlek and O'Grady two fingers to Riis.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Interesting.

Lightweight.

Never liked Andy much. Go to Luxy team. Next year he gets worked over by Contador and Riis.

If you're going to have opinions on so many riders, could you not at least develop a more varied and striking set of insults and approbations to offset ennui in the rest of us?

Ta.

Strava is not Zen.
  • Late to the debate and Eurosport are late to the race.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • afx237vi
    Late to the debate and Eurosport are late to the race.

With their usual compilation of motorbike crashes. Which is possibly a bit tasteless after what happened a couple of days ago at the MotoGP...
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    edited September 2010
    Dutch are live here.
    http://streamz.yolasite.com/ch-16.php
    Ah, we are straight on........
    afx237vi wrote:
    With their usual compilation of motorbike crashes. Which is possibly a bit tasteless after what happened a couple of days ago at the MotoGP...

Extremely tasteless, but when have Eurosport ever been sensitive of people's feelings.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    afx237vi wrote:

They do like their montage of motorbike crashes dont they .
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • I absolutely wanted to lead the Vuelta when the race will be in my homeland of Catalunya on Tuesday

Deserved it to and was cheated
    Contador is the Greatest
  • andyp
    afx237vi wrote:

A bit tasteless? Whoever chose to run that compilation suffered from a major error of judgement.