Bert to do Tour and Vuelta next year

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited September 2010 in Pro race
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... -2011.html

Going for the low risk double. Win the Tour and fail in the Vuelta and it doesn't matter. Fail in the Giro would be dangerous. And winning the Giro could take it out of him...
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Good.

Cycling fans suffer uniquely because most of the top stars only race a select few races.

Football, F1, Rugby, basketall etc - you get to see the superstars busting their ass week in week out during the season.
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Good indeed and great to see him support his home GT, I hope they chuck the Angliru in there again for him :D
  • Good.

Cycling fans suffer uniquely because most of the top stars only race a select few races.

Football, F1, Rugby, basketall etc - you get to see the superstars busting their ass week in week out during the season.

I don't think you watch the same football as me. Footballers certainly do not "bust their ass"! (I watch a significant amount of football)
  • rick_chasey
    BenBlyth wrote:
    Good.

I don't think you watch the same football as me. Footballers certainly do not "bust their ass"! (I watch a significant amount of football)

You get the point no?
  • Woosh...

Sorry, that's lost on me!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    BenBlyth wrote:

Well, if you will insist on watching Bradford City....
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241

F1 - in 2009, in competition, Contador cycled over 2000km further than Jensen Button drove. And Contador has training to add on to that, while Button is banned from testing.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    edited September 2010
    RichN95 wrote:

F1 - in 2009, in competition, Contador cycled over 2000km further than Jensen Button drove. And Contador has training to add on to that, while Button is banned from testing.

That may well be, but every time I watched an F1 race, he's in it.

And let's face it, contador sitting in the peleton on a flat stage in Paris-Nice is hardly getting my pulse racing.

I don't watch Button train. I bet that's monumentally boring.

Ultimately, I want to see all the top riders head to head, week in week out.

At the very least, I want them doing all, or at most of the important races. I know all the reasons for it blah blah, but it's not good viewing value.
  • rick_chasey
    BenBlyth wrote:
    Woosh...

Sorry, that's lost on me!

What can I say, I want it on topic!
  • Is that Stuart McCall on your profile icon? He busted his ass in every game I ever saw him play.
    Scottish and British...and a bit French
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    thought he was doing the Giro - Tour double which carries more prestige but at least going for the double is a good thing. Let's hope he doesn't change his mind post tour.

He does confirm he wasn't on top form this year, something I think we saw with his smart riding rather than the usual attacks. I think the Contador of 09 could win both in a season
  • Cycling is so far above any other sport.

F1 sucks so badly.

Football; that sucks also.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    dulldave wrote:
    Is that Stuart McCall on your profile icon? He busted his ass in every game I ever saw him play.

You obviously didnt see him play for Scotland where he was generally in the main sh*t.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686

Ouch, my sense of humour's still hurting from watching that. Please don't link to that trailer ever again.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Moray Gub wrote:
    dulldave wrote:
    Is that Stuart McCall on your profile icon? He busted his ass in every game I ever saw him play.

You obviously didnt see him play for Scotland where he was generally in the main sh*t.

He was just adapting to his surroundings. :twisted:
  • johnfinch wrote:

Ouch, my sense of humour's still hurting from watching that. Please don't link to that trailer ever again.

Mwa ha ha ha I had to endure that, then Dinner for Schmucks on Saturday night, so I'm trying to spread the pain around.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    johnfinch wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    dulldave wrote:

He was just adapting to his surroundings. :twisted:

Just another Englsih diddy foisted upon us.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !