No Bike

Wallace1492
Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
edited September 2010 in Commuting chat
Well, first day off the bike in, well i don't know how long.....
Weather abysmal here, roads flooded, high winds and horizontal rain.

Plus heading out after work, so makes sense to be sweat free on return from work, also gives me the opportunity to bring in a whole pile of shirts, boxers and socks for my locker.

However, when on the train I did feel a little jittery, and did begin to wish I had taken the bike......
"Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"

Comments

• notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    However, when on the train I did feel a little jittery, and did begin to wish I had taken the bike......

Impatient? Restless legs, twitchy thighs? Yeah, I hate being off the bike too :)
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Going out....rubbish excuse :wink:

Is a horrible day though. Yet despite the horrid weather, a guy in the office still opened the window.

I hate working on site.
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Hey Suzyb, there must be some benefits, right? Pretend, if otherwise :)

Wallace - No broken legs so no reason to be off the bike :wink:
  • suzyb
    I suppose not having to buy cookies as someone else brought some in could be a benefit.
  • Cafewanda
    There you go!

And as for that person who insisted on opening the window....... Superglue on seat? :wink:
  • suzyb
    Cafewanda wrote:
    There you go!

And as for that person who insisted on opening the window....... Superglue on seat? :wink:
    The super glue is reserved for the lips of the guy across from me who keeps humming.

I just need to be patient, window opener is leaving in a week or two.
  • Cafewanda
    ................. if you 'work late' one evening the superglue could accidentally find it's way to the window sealing it shut*.

Not that I'm advocating any untoward behaviour, you understand.

*no idea if there is an antidote
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    suzyb wrote:
    Cafewanda wrote:
    There you go!

The super glue is reserved for the lips of the guy across from me who keeps humming.

He'll still hum with his lips sealed - in fact, that's about all he'll be able to do!
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    As long as it's just the one day Wallace1492 :)

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks without me turning a wheel - I'm a jibbering wreck. Another 2 weeks before an x-ray to see how my collarbone is doing aaarrrgghhh.. I'll probably be in the asylum by then!

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • Cafewanda
    Benno68 wrote:

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks without me turning a wheel - I'm a jibbering wreck. Another 2 weeks before an x-ray to see how my collarbone is doing aaarrrgghhh.. I'll probably be in the asylum by then!

Recumbent?
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Benno68 wrote:

Recumbent?

I'm recumbent on the sofa quite a bit :D

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    TommyEss wrote:
    suzyb wrote:
    Cafewanda wrote:
    There you go!

He'll still hum with his lips sealed - in fact, that's about all he'll be able to do!

Yeah you need to do the nose too.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017