Wolverhampton Marathon

Maxien78
Maxien78 Posts: 18
edited September 2010 in MTB beginners
Did anyone else take part this year?

We did the 19.4km cycle race to raise money for Compton Hospice and i loved it..it was sooooooooo easy too. The fastest time was around 28 minutes but because i did it with a freind who is a stranger to any kind of exercise we did it in 1hr and 40 minutes :shock: lol

Our slowest pace was less than walking hahaha but she really struggled AND kept stopping for the loo every 4-5 miles. she was that slow even the runners who set off 10 minutes after us overtook us and most of them finished before we did lol

Gonna have another go next year but do it my way and just bomb it round because when we finished i felt like i had only gone on a little stroll around the park and could have gone around again a few times.

But it was good fun :D

Comments

• 1h40m, damn that's slow! :)

I did the half-marathon, it was my first one and I did it with my bro in 2:13 which was pretty rubbish. We're going to do the Birmingham one next month and try for under two hours (which admittedly still isn't great!) I think I could do a bit faster but he had to slow us right down a couple of times as he was suffering- hopefully another 6 weeks of training will help!