Zip repair?

nickwilkinson
nickwilkinson Posts: 8
edited September 2010 in MTB general
Not sure if this is the right area but i have an Altura Night Vision jacket and the zip has failed. Any advice? Can I get it fixed easily/reasonably cheaply or is it time to use the break as an excuse to shell out on something better?

Comments

• Funnily enough the zip went on my night vision jacket. I just used a local seamstress in Exeter and she did a great job. It's used for commuting now but it still works.

Just search on line...sure someone will be able to fix it in your area.
  • F@RRR
    F@RRR Posts: 62
    Tip of the day

if you get a zip that comes undone behind the puller . gently squeeze (not squash) the front and back plates of the puller together in each corner of the flat edge with some long nose pliers. learn't this tip years ago working for a tent repairer and its saved me throwing away loads of coats , bags and rucksacks :wink:
    blk-weight.png
  • Excellent tip. Zip is now fixed and jacket as good as new. Guess I'll need a better excuse to buy a new one. I'll be sharing the advice with all I know.

Thanks heaps
  • One of the main reasons for my LBS stocking Altura clothing is that they will happily do repairs free of charge including zips. Have a Nevis myself but no zip issues as long as i breathe in!