market research done at trail centres?

bluechair84
bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
edited September 2010 in MTB general
Can anyone tell me if there has ever been any market research done on the kinds of riders visiting Fort William or other trail centres? I assume there will have been, I want to try and get hold of some if it isn't considered trade secret...

Comments

• There were some people doing research up at Whinlatter a couple of Sunday's ago. Not sure what company they were with though.
  • There were questionnaires being handed out at Birches Valley (Cannock Chase) last time I was there. Looked like it was the rangers doing it. Questions like how far have you travelled etc.
    Northwind wrote: It's like I covered it in superglue and rode it through ebay.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    A guy from "a major outdoors chain"- we think it was Cotswalds- was at Fort William last time I was there, getting midgebitten to **** :lol: We said "Stock better midge repellant". Questions were all very much along the lines of an outdoor shop taking on the cycling market. Wasn't a very good survey actually, lots of leading questions, don't think it was a pro job...
    Uncompromising extremist