Ebay- chinese imported cycling bib shorts and jerseys.

exstremestew
exstremestew Posts: 17
edited May 2015 in Road buying advice
been looking at the cervelo team ones and i was wondaring, are they a good idea? or will they leave you with your tender area's chaffed and burned?

cheers
stewy

Comments

• amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    The fit isn't great with mine - the pad sags and they're too tight around my legs. The jersey is a weird fit around the sleeves. Having said that I also have a long sleeve imitation Cervelo jersey which is excellent.
    More problems but still living....
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I'm happy with my 'reproduction' shorts, a little looser than the Speg shorts I bought soon after but that is because of size differences, large v medium.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Got mine off lightinthebox.com and am happy with it so far. Who are you buying from?
    Visit Ireland - all of it! Cycle in Dublin and know fear!!
    exercise.png
  • Supergoose
    Supergoose Posts: 1,089
    I hate this gear. I have to say I wouldn't even entertain hooky/fake kit of any sort bike or otherwise. You get what you pay for I suppose.

Its not for me, fair enough if you want to buy it, but Im surprised that these folk get away with selling this stuff on e-bay, its flooded with it now.

Ill stick to the real stuff. 8)
    Rock 'n' Roule
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I've done 4 hour rides in them, cant tell any difference in comfort between them and Assos. They do size up a little small, but lots of cycling kit does.

The real cervelo kit is v pricey - especially for a team thats only weeks left to live...
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Have a look at my review http://www.velonuts.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1283004004

Superb service and quality kit.

Compared to my Assos stuff it is every bit as comfortable.
  • As people mention above, sizes come up a bit small and arm fit can be a little weird but overall I've been really impressed with my Chinese import kit.

Might not last as long as more expensive kit but just as comfortable.
  • seanorawe
    seanorawe Posts: 950
    Sorry to dig up an old post, but is there a specific place to buy this gear? Or a specific Ebay store?
    Cube Attain SL Disc
    Giant CRS 2.0
  • MrGrumpy
    MrGrumpy Posts: 288
    whoooa holy thread resurrection batman! Just google and also search ebay not hard to spot, look for delivery from far east! Don`t think we can post dodgy gear links on here?
  • seanorawe wrote:
    Sorry to dig up an old post, but is there a specific place to buy this gear? Or a specific Ebay store?

I've bought 5-6 Jerseys from Aliexpress, haven't had a problem yet.
  • mugensi
    mugensi Posts: 559
    I have bought 4 jerseys/shorts kits from Monton (Monton also sell on ebay) and I cant fault it. The shorts are a good fit but you need to go up a size, the jerseys are true to size and a good fit.

Others mentioned the sleeves, one of the jerseys I have has looser non-elastic sleeves, one has elasticated sleeves which are a bit tight and the other two have good fitting elasticated sleeves. Its only a small complaint and I would happily buy from them again.
  • jameses
    jameses Posts: 653
    I have been using a set of monton kit for two and a half years now. As mentioned above, sizing is a bit funny. I'm usually a small/medium, so sized up and went for large in both bibs and jersey. The shorts are a great fit and the pad has held up better than expected (still comfy for century rides). The jersey turned out to be a bit loose on me (medium probably would have been about right) and the quality isn't great, altough not that bad either. Some of the stitching on the pockets came loose after a couple of months.

Overall it's not bad kit at all, especially given how cheap it is.
  • macleod113
    macleod113 Posts: 560
    i have had a few sets over the years and it ok. the fit isnt great and being an xxl i generally found there would be flappy bits where i didnt want them but considering the price i went for it. i'm now a buyer who normally finds a bargain and looks in the sales rather than import from abroad. ebay and the likes of wiggle/decathlon are normally well proced
    Cube Cross 2016
    Willier GTR 2014
  • trailflow
    trailflow Posts: 1,311
    I've had chinese bibs before. Comfort wise they wern't too bad actually. The pad area can be a bit baggy. The stiching on the other hand is always very weak and will eventually fall apart. I think they purposely do that so you buy more. I wouldn't bother tbh.

Save your money and buy some Wiggle DHB shorts or some from Planet X. They will last alot longer.

These are a bargain and currently £9.99. i have a pair and they are way better constructed.
    http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CLPXCLBS/p ... bib-shorts
  • seanorawe
    seanorawe Posts: 950
    trailflow wrote:
    I've had chinese bibs before. Comfort wise they wern't too bad actually. The pad area can be a bit baggy. The stiching on the other hand is always very weak and will eventually fall apart. I think they purposely do that so you buy more. I wouldn't bother tbh.

Save your money and buy some Wiggle DHB shorts or some from Planet X. They will last alot longer.

These are a bargain and currently £9.99. i have a pair and they are way better constructed.
    http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CLPXCLBS/p ... bib-shorts

Good shout.

I love the Planet x bargain bin
    Cube Attain SL Disc
    Giant CRS 2.0
  • bagz3
    bagz3 Posts: 253
    Whilst the padding in the shorts isn aren't the best, they certainly are not the worst. Better than my last pair of dhb's anyway. Jersey wise, the fit isnt perfect, but cant grumble for the price. I just buy the jerseys from china now and get my shorts from decathlon.
  • I have a Felt bike on the way and was looking for clothing to compliment it. Unfortunately Felt clothing is way to expensive for my liking. So ordered a bib/jersey set from China. Will see what it's like when it arrives but the three reviews they have for this set are all good. Even if it last only a year i'll be happy as will just buy next seasons designs..lol..

UPDATE: Bib and Jersey arrived quite quickly. Worn them out for a couple of rides now and must say for the price you really can't go wrong. Quality is pretty good and the pad is very comfortable and wicks moisture away really well. Good communication with the supplier in China meant i got the right size first time. The set cost me £19.79 and really i don't think you would get better quality in the UK for double that. Pic of what it looks like on in link below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxtk0K_UDs9vVnNnYjJJaU5tOE0/view?usp=sharing
  • RobSomerset
    RobSomerset Posts: 27
    Just edited my post above with an update on the bib and jersey i got. Check it out if you are looking to buy Chinese stuff. Got mine from AliExpress.