Isle Of Man End To End Things To Take

mikeyj28
mikeyj28 Posts: 754
edited September 2010 in MTB general
Hi All

From anyone who has competed in the past few years can you please give me a guideline as to what i should take with me?

How many spares should i have etc and what tyres would you say i should run? I currently have Panaracer Fire Xc on the front and a Razer Xc on the rear.

Also, just how hard is this first climb supposed to be and is it on fireroad or full on rocky/rubbish terrain?

Thanks in advance
Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.

Comments

• mikeyj28 wrote:
    Hi All
    How many spares should i have etc and what tyres would you say i should run? I currently have Panaracer Fire Xc on the front and a Razer Xc on the rear.

Also, just how hard is this first climb supposed to be and is it on fireroad or full on rocky/rubbish terrain?

Two tubes should do you. I'm going to use a camelback, as the feed stations will be busy and my own food too.

The first climb's quite tough but more than half of it's on the road. The second half turns into a green lane with the last few hundred yards rocky. I personally don't see how anyone can ride up the last part, it's near impossible, and most people will be pushing.

Tyres is the big question. Depends a bit on the weather this week. The forecast looks iffy, with lots of heavy rain before the event. Can't really help you a great deal there, the route is over such varied terrain that it's a tough call.

Went over the first half of the course yesterday, it's in great condition, looking forward to the big day!