Nutcracker MTB XC Series needs entries

rock_hopper
rock_hopper Posts: 129
edited September 2010 in XC and Enduro
Round 5 of the North East Nutcracker MTB XC Series is approaching this weekend 12th and the organisers are threatening cancellation due to lack of entries. If you have ever thought of having a go at racing this is the perfect opportunity to give it a go. Its at Bedale near Northallerton and the course is flat and not very technical so would be ideal for a first outing. Racing is a great way of challenging yourself and competing with others, its as hard as you want to make it. Its the first time in a lot of years that there has been a north east xc series and I would love to see it continue.
http://www.nutcrackermtb.co.uk/

Cheers

Comments

• Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Put it in the N.West, and I'll enter!
  • Kind of defeats the object of it being a North East Series somewhat.
  • neninja
    neninja Posts: 424
    I only live 30 mins away and would have had a go at the Fun/Novice entry if I'd been aware of it.

Unfortunately big night out on Saturday so would be in no fit state to take part on Sunday :roll:
  • Never mind neninja. If you know anyone who might want to compete spread the word.
  • neninja
    neninja Posts: 424
    I know a few lads who usually do triathlons - they might fancy a new challenge
  • It would be a good days racing, but I'm slightly off-put by the agreement on the Si-Entries site that states they reserve the right NOT to give a full refund in the event of cancellation - especially when the organisers are threatening exactly that... I'm probably not the only one
  • Where did you read that? Ive just copied this from the Si-Entries Terms and Conditions page.

Event Cancellation or Change of Event Date

If for any reason the event is cancelled or the date has to be changed due to Force Majeure, the entry fee will be refunded less a contribution to costs already incurred by the event. If this should occur please contact the Event Organisers.
  • Where did you read that? Ive just copied this from the Si-Entries Terms and Conditions page.

Event Cancellation or Change of Event Date

If for any reason the event is cancelled or the date has to be changed due to Force Majeure, the entry fee will be refunded less a contribution to costs already incurred by the event. If this should occur please contact the Event Organisers.

The bit I read was when you start the process of entering the race - there's two ticky boxes to show you accept the terms and conditions. The part you quoted also describes a 'less a contribution to costs already incurred by the event', which probably amounts to the same. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's not purely the reason numbers are limited, I'm just saying it isn't much incentive to enter. But then I'm an unemployed penny-pincher :) I've entered anyway and I hope others will - would be a crying shame to lose the series and have to travel to get a race. Especially after the fantastic Swaledale course!
  • streako
    streako Posts: 2,937
    I was going to enter a few of these, but not fully back from after my knee operation yet. Hopefully get back to xc next season.

Hope the series keeps running.