Accident Clapham High street

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited September 2010 in Commuting chat
I got to Clapham High street (just after Clapham Common tube) at around 8.20am to what look like the aftermath of a quite serious accident. Did anyone see anything?
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Nothing when I went through at about 730.
    Lots more cyclists and traffic than normal. (although the traffic wasn't moving too quick)
    exercise.png
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    It was horrible wasn't it. I was stuck in a line of the superhighway and at the front a guy going about 2mph...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    It was horrible wasn't it. I was stuck in a line of the superhighway and at the front a guy going about 2mph...

It's precisely that reason I avoid the bulk of CS7 now, I had enough pootling (avg. 6-7mph) yesterday :-)

Hopefully whoever was involved makes a good recovery although it doesn't sound good....
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • workmate of mine said it was a pedestrian lady vs a small motorcycle (125cc).
    when he went past they were both on the ground.
    I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,411
    Yep, turn off left across the Common, down to North Street, then either right and up to Vauxhall, or straight on to Chelsea Bridge and the Embankment. Job's a goodun. Hope whoever was involved is back on their bike soon.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Stuey01
    Stuey01 Posts: 1,273
    Road was still closed at 9:15ish. Lot's of police presence and tape and a small motorbike parked up on the pavement. No sign of what had occurred.

Cars were pretty stuffed but police were allowing cyclists to ride down as far as the tape then walk them around the scene on the pavement.
    Not climber, not sprinter, not rouleur