Mavic R-Sys Spokes

Gazzaputt
Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
edited September 2010 in Road buying advice
Had a Google and cannot find anyone that stock these.

Manged to slightly bend one of the drive side spoke which is the bladed metal ones. :cry:

Wheels is slightly out of true and tried the spoke key to pull it back but where the spoke is bent it cannot do it.

Anyone know of a stockist or better still a Mavic Service centre in SE London or Kent?

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,021
    mavic uk service centre is (+44) 01256 408637

in theory they only work with dealers, if they can't/won't supply you direct then they ought to be able to give you some dealer names you can order through

exactly which model r-sys? tubular or clincher, year etc. i might be able to find the spoke id for you
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Gazzaputt
    It is the 2010 R-Sys premium clincher.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,021
    spoke reference number is... 996 073 01

R-Sys Premium

Rear DS 294.5 - 996 073 01 - 10 Black Zicral bladed straight pull spokes with integrated M7 nipples (self-locking)

Rear NDS 284 - 996 850 01 - 10 Carbon tubular spokes (Tracomp) self-locking

Front 285 - 996 849 01 - 9 Carbon tubular spokes (Tracomp) self-locking

this link gets you the tech manual, see page 8...

http://www.tech-mavic.com/tech-mavic/te ... s/2_13.pdf
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    I'm sure I read somewhere that you could only buy R-Sys spokes in whole sets.
  • It's just a Ksyrium zircal (aka aluminimun) spoke. No different. A clubmate has 2x ksyriums and 1xR-SYS. But because the rim is different the spoke length might not be the same. Just follow the link that sungod kindly posted. You might even want to call them in France to get them - why not order 3, thinking about the future.

If you can, get the truing tool, some multi-tools come with them I believe, makes life much easier since you can tend to them yourself.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Gazzaputt
    Sungod many thanks for your help.