Kids trailer hire in North West

davewalsh
davewalsh Posts: 587
edited September 2010 in Family & kids cycling forum
Does anyone know if there is anywhere in the North West, other than Grizedale Forest which hires trailers for the day ? I'm keen to take my wife & kids (2yo twins) for a ride, however my wife hardly ever cycles. We tried Grizedale earlier this year but she found the hills hard going and didn't enjoy it much so I'm looking for somewhere a bit flatter !

Ta,
Dave.

Comments

• Hi Dave,

Tracs UK at Delamere Forest rent trailers out. However, they only rent them with bikes rented from them. You can't rent one and use it with your own bike. Same with tagalong bikes and child seats.

They're not cheap but it's cheaper than buying the kit, using it once and then realising it's not for you (or your wife).

Delamere has some easy leisurely routes around the lake and through the forest.
  • Thanks for that Norman, went yesterday with the family, the missus hired a bike with child seat and we did the blue bike route through the forest and the red footpath round the lake (as advised by the bloke in the shop). Everyone enjoyed it, especially the kids !

Exactly what I was looking for :D:D:D

Cheers !