Arm and Leg Warmers help

trimanc
trimanc Posts: 17
edited September 2010 in Road buying advice
Hey, autumn is nearly upon us.
Now I have found in the past that my knees can get a bit stiff in the cold, but I don't like wearing leg or knee warmers. Why not? Well I find that they are all too thick! All the leg and arm warmers I have found are all thicker winter weight material like Roubaix. If I need that much protection it would be winter anyway and I would get out the tights and jackets. I don't get wearing a winter thickness warmer with a single layer lycra short.

So please help: has anyone found on the net a normal lycra single layer warmer, no thicker than your standard team shorts?

Thanks, Graeme, Manchester

Comments

• Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    try a pair of nylon stockings?

And perhaps suzzies....
  • I have Mavic ones which are pretty thin. Much thinner than my Assos ones.

Another alternative is to get 3/4 length lycra bibs like the new Assos tK.434, and the outgoing T Knicker.
    BMC Pro Machine | Ribble Gran Fondo | Planet-X SL Pro Carbon | Specialized Langster 2008 | Ribble Winter Sloping | Trek 8000 | Onza Blade 2009

My site » AssosFables :: Assos news & reviews
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Scrumple wrote:
    try a pair of nylon stockings?

I remember seeing a Flemish old-timers doing this for an early start - he just ripped them off half-way round :shock:
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Just bought some Assos one's extremely comfortable!
  • assos have arm ones called sun screens, they are white and thin. I use them and they are great as like you I find the thicker roubaix type ones far too hot and if its cold enough to wear those sort I've got other kit on anyway

altho I do have some nice Solo knee warmers, a bit Norah Battyish tho as they crinkle up but they feel very nice