Wheels: Easton EA70
Tyre: Mich Pro 3 Race

Weight: about 16lbs
Accessories: Tacx Tao cages, Cateye Micro, Jagwire cable kit

Bikepics001.jpg

Bikepics002.jpg

Comments

• Cool 8)

You didn't fancy the red/orange colours then?

And how about some white bar tape and saddle?
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    I think bright red is the only other option - I was tempted, but preferred the white/blue. No plans to change the saddle & tape - I don't want to over-do it.. ;)
  • Looks great - how does it ride and how much does it weigh? Are you enjoying it?

They are supposed to be fantastic bikes... Have fun.

ScottieP
    My cycling blog: http://girodilento.com/
  • softlad
    ScottieP wrote:
    Looks great - how does it ride and how much does it weigh? Are you enjoying it?

They are supposed to be fantastic bikes... Have fun.

ScottieP

thanks scottie. According to the bathroom scales (not very scientific), it comes up at around 16lbs, maybe a bit less. I've only done a couple of hours on it since I finished it, but compared to my old VN Chinook, it's a revelation. Very smooth, sharp and responsive. I thought the VN was pretty good (and it is), but this is on another level completely. I'm still 'discovering' it at the moment, so I will probably be thinking a bit more clearly about it after another week or two.. ;)
  • nice bike softlad :D

if i was in the market for another bike then the tarmac would deffo be on the list of potentials
  • softlad wrote:
    I think bright red is the only other option - I was tempted, but preferred the white/blue. No plans to change the saddle & tape - I don't want to over-do it.. ;)

Hmm, I think a white arione with a blue stripe would look daddy-o cool :D

Still, think it looks great, very tempted to get one myself to replace my SL1
  • Stunner mate and congrats.

I reckon this is the best bang for buck bike out there at the moment and love your colourway.

Pete.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Definitely the best SL3 colours, although I love Schlecks shiny silver one. Shame you can't get that :(
  • I think I'd go for these colours if I could, would go with my club kit quite well :D

Cancellara%20yellow%20Tarmac.jpg
  • Supergoose
    Supergoose Posts: 1,089
    Your saddle looks like its pointing up quite a bit? Is it comfy like that? Bike looks great. 8)
    Rock 'n' Roule
  • softlad
    Supergoose wrote:
    Your saddle looks like its pointing up quite a bit? Is it comfy like that? Bike looks great. 8)

the saddle is level across the high points at the nose and tail - the ground may not be level though..
  • Stunning looking bike. Agree about the blue and white arione suggestion though!
  • softlad
    ok - I just googled the Arione, and I can see what people are drivng at - the white w/ blue stripe would probably be a good match. But on the other hand, I've not tried one and Toupe suits me well, so I'll probably leave well alone.. ;)
  • I love these. Wouldn't mind one myself
  • i love the look of these that much i just got one from evans, cant afford this one though so i got a tarmac expert in the saxo bank colours,
    they were clearing them out for the 2011 bikes and i got £400 off it,

cant wait for it to come :)
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    Frame/fork: S-Works SL3 58cm

Bars: FSA Omega
    Stem: FSA OS 150
    Bar Tape: Specialized Bar phat

Brake: FSA Energy
    Front Derailleur Ultegra
    Rear Derailleur Shimano Dura Ace
    Shift Levers Shimano Dura Ace

Saddle: Fizik Arione CX
    Seat Post: Specialized Roubaix

Cassette: Shimano Ultegra

Wheels: DT Swiss 1850
    Tyre: Schwalbe Ultremo R1.1's

Weight: about 16lbs
    Accessories:Focus Cages, Specialized computer

Colour scheme as below - Had first ride on it today for 50 miles. Very smooth and felt noticeably lighter (yet to get definitive figure) compared to my old Focus Cayo.

sl3home-1.jpg
  • Izza you thread hijacker! Nice bike though....Can we have a side view picture?
    Find your limits...and then exceed them frequently
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    leeroy72 wrote:
    Izza you thread hijacker! Nice bike though....Can we have a side view picture?

Apologies if not the done thing.

Given the width of my bike cupboard, my generous frame and the cardboard box still holding my defunct Focus frame, any side pictures will either a) only have the saddle in due to proximity of lens to bike or b) have to wait until I am out again.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Start your own thread Izza...
  • Great looking bike :D