no cycling for me today

mkirby
mkirby Posts: 365
edited September 2010 in Commuting chat
bloody 32 gallon aquarium burst at 2am, room flooded and downstairs flooded too.

Fish are in emergency accommodation but arnt looking good.

And we were going to a new cafe today :(

Crap weekend again. Hope everyone else has had a better time of it.

Comments

• Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    Working all weekend (server migration), But i do get to cycle to work :)
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • My keys fell out onto the road as I cycled back from the shops yesterday. They're now bent into various comedy banana shapes, 'cause the two cars behind me ran over them.

But you definitely win with the fish tank.
  • I'll see your fish tank (for which you have my true sympathy) and raise you a DVT and Doctor telling me I shouldn't ride for 6 months due to the risk of bleeding/ bruises while on blood thinning treatment.

Diagnosed 1 day before I was due to pick up my first decent road bike. Now investigating whether I'll be allowed to ride it on a turbo trainer.
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    And I thought my day sucked with a constant headwind on the road home.

Poor fish :(
  • No cycling for 6 months?! Was the DVT the result of something known, like a long haul plane journey, or did it just happen?
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Not a patch on an exploding fish tank but I've got my hole dug for my fishpond and the form built and in place.

Had huge volumes of cement and ballast delivered on Satruday morning, mixer already standing by. Weather was glorious and Sunday was supposed to be even better.

Took my daughter to a kids birthday party from 2 to 4 thinking to get on to the mixing and pouring Saturday afternoon and polish off on Sunday.

....and it's bloody rained Datsun cogs since four O'clock Saturday.

I now have a soddin' great muddy puddle. Not happy.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Fish tank is a nasty one - my sympathies!

I do have an exploding baby though, 3am she decided that she could contain the bad stomach no longer........poor thing! She is still desperate to be cheerful and smiley though!

A day of nappy changes awaits!

I am pooped....