Colomba Chemo Classic- Richmond, N.Yorks

gsk82
gsk82 Posts: 3,570
Received an email today with details of this years event on Saturday 13th November. Last years was really good despite the wind/rain and cramp. Plus all profits go to charity, £4k worth last year.

£15 entry with a good feed station at about 40miles last year, entrants get £15 off a colomba merino wool jersey on the day, food afterwards and a bottle of black sheep.

...and no i have nothing to do with the organisers

http://www.colombachemoclassic.org.uk/
"Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago

Comments

• +1 for an unconnected recommendation. Great day out last year despite the weather. And Geraint Thomas bailed part way round so I reckon technically, as I finished, I beat him!
  • Think I will give this one a go.
    Would have prefered the route to be the other way around just to see the how the pros tackle Park Rash from the kettlewell side!
    Crediamo in te, bici!
    My Bikes.
  • depending on the wind direction I think the ride up Coverdale is harder than the steep side - that's hideously steep but over pretty quickly, whereas Coverdale just grinds away and gets steeper and steeper - and is often into the prevailing westerly.

We found the "hard way" back to Richmond from Grinton tough last year - a real sting in the tail.
  • I have never cycled the section of the route between Buckden and Redmire before.
    I always seem to turn towards Hubberholme and Hawes if I venture past Kettlewell from Otley.
    Been up and down the hill between Redmire and Grinton a couple of times. Grinton to Richmond will be new as well, so something to look forward to.
    Crediamo in te, bici!
    My Bikes.
  • I also did this last year and agree it was a really good sportive. The weather put loads of people off but was actually not all that bad, just windy. 3 decent climbs (I came back the easier way) and a cracking post ride dinner at the end.

I've just sent off my application form for this years :)
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    edited September 2010
    bump: i don't take kindly to late comers with their rival threads :wink:
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • :shock: