Interesting safety ad (Helmet Hair)

ArtiomChi
ArtiomChi Posts: 9
edited September 2010 in Commuting chat
Just found this online, not sure if anyone has seen it posted it here before...
14-Helmet-Hair.jpg
http://prollyisnotprobably.com/assets_c ... air-52.php

I do admit to not wearing a helmet for the last week or so (even though I keep it strapped to the panniers anyway) :oops:
Though in my case it's not because of the helmet hair, but more because it's so HOT with the helmet on >_<
(yes, it's got tons of ventilation, but still ... )

Comments

• notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Yeah, but if you RLJ safely, you don't need to wear a helmet...
  • dondare
    dondare Posts: 2,113
    The advert gives numbers of people killed and injured on the roads (presumably in America) and not the numbers of cyclists killed and injured.
    So all pedestrians and vehicle occupants should also wear helmets? They make up over 95% of accident victims.
    This post contains traces of nuts.
  • sc999cs
    sc999cs Posts: 596
    Posters were created for the Asian Injury Prevention Foundation in 2007 and from what I can gather on their web site they're more concerned about motorcycle usage than bicycles (although they would like all users of two and three wheeled vehicles to wear helmets).

Traffic crashes is becoming one of the main causes for sudden death and disability in Vietnam and is now the leading killer for the 18-45 year-old. Every day traffic accidents in Vietnam cause 35 killings and three times as many traumatic brain injuries. Motorbikes make up 95 % of all traffic accidents in Vietnam, but yet only 3 % of the Vietnamese motorbike riders wear helmet. Head injury and fatalities can be easily prevented by a simple action of wearing a helmet. Therefore Asia Injury Prevention Foundation has chosen helmets as a high priority to tackle road safety and raise the public awareness of the problem.

http://www.scandasia.com/viewNews.php?coun_code=vn&news_id=3184

A good cause but not really relevant in the pro / anti helmet debates which feature so frequently on this forum.
    Steve C