Nice surprise

suzyb
suzyb Posts: 3,449
edited September 2010 in Commuting chat
Ordered a couple of inner tubes from CRC the other day. Got home today (after working late :evil: ) to find they'd arrived. And in the package was a demo pack of High Five Zero tablets :D

That should keep me going during Pedal for Scotland and my planned training run on Sunday. A small but appreciated gesture at the end of a sucky week at work.

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    suzyb wrote:
    Ordered a couple of inner tubes from CRC the other day. Got home today (after working late :evil: ) to find they'd arrived. And in the package was a demo pack of High Five Zero tablets :D

That should keep me going during Pedal for Scotland and my planned training run on Sunday. A small but appreciated gesture at the end of a sucky week at work.

Very nice but have you used them before? the H5 tabs that is, if not don't use a sportive or long ride to test them on.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Stuy-b
    Stuy-b Posts: 248
    i got the same thing with a £5 head set but got nothing with my new frame, work that one out lol.

i have used them before and there very good. but there NOT an energy drink, they are just an electrolyte and are designed to be used for fat burning and training rather than racing.
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Hmm OK.

So I would maybe be better just keeping them for training rides.
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    Probably to be honest, I've tried them and didn't get on with them. As has been pointed out they're not an energy drink and are best suited to short, hard efforts of an hour or so where fluid replacement could be an issue, but carb replacement probably isn't

Good luck on Pedal for Scotland
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • bunter
    bunter Posts: 327
    I tried mine this morning. I took one bottle of high 5 zero and one bottle of squash with pinch salt on an approx 50m ride. Once I got over the sensation of drinking bath salts it went down quite well. I usually start a ride off with plain water but this stuff seemed pretty good.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    bunter wrote:
    I tried mine this morning. I took one bottle of high 5 zero and one bottle of squash with pinch salt on an approx 50m ride. Once I got over the sensation of drinking bath salts it went down quite well. I usually start a ride off with plain water but this stuff seemed pretty good.
    That works, dilute fruit juice; apple is best - with a pinch of salt [yeah right. As if... :)] as a main drink and Nuun tabs to replenish salts & minerals later in the ride. Works well enough on 100+ mile sportives.