Kidderminster Killer. Am I nuts?

dead sheep
dead sheep Posts: 109
I am just about to be certified and sectioned under the Mental Health Act 1983 s4.

I have just entered the Midlands's toughest 200km audax, the Kidderminster Killer. I believe that most of my compatriots on this ride will have a disturbed look about them.

But I am looking forward to the estimated 12 hours of utterly tough riding :shock: It is by all accounts, an excellent event and fearsome by reputation.

Comments

• Welcome to the padded cell!

Don't worry too much. The route is challenging but the key is not to thrash up every single climb that come across - that way you will get round assuming that you are not used to an AAA audax. Yes it is a challenge but you will feel as though you have achieved something at the finish.

The first climb is 20% and comes five miles from the start, out of Ribbesford Ford. A few miles after is Worcestershire's nastiest and steepest ascent up Wyniates Way. Wyniates Way and Asterton Bank are best walked if you do not have much climbing practice in your legs. Following climbs include a short nasty out of All Stretton and out of Clun up the Devil's Elbow. Just remember that there are plenty of hills to follow, not as steep but these prove to be exhausting well into a 200km ride.

KCTC put on a very professional audax using good quality commercial cafe controls. Free food and drink is provided at the Church Stretton control.

The fittest riders may manage a 5pm finish but most other riders finish later and often after dusk. So take some lights just in case. Sunset is at 7.30pm.
  • The first climb is 20% and comes five miles from the start, out of Ribbesford Ford. A few miles after is Worcestershire's nastiest and steepest ascent up Wyniates Way. Wyniates Way and Asterton Bank are best walked if you do not have much climbing practice in your legs. ]

:roll: did you say walk? I thought you audaxers were meant to be tough?
    If you wanna walk,join the flippin ramblers!
    ha ha just joking mate :D