Insuring my Bike

PGT
PGT Posts: 2
edited September 2010 in Road buying advice
I have recently purchased an expensive bike and have been looking at insuring it seeing as my Home Policy will not cover a bike valued above £1500.

Does anyone recommend an insurance firm that offers good value for money :?:

Comments

• dboden
    dboden Posts: 349
    M&S underwritten by AXA. theirs covers upto about 5k
  • Soni
    Soni Posts: 1,217
    PGT wrote:
    I have recently purchased an expensive bike and have been looking at insuring it seeing as my Home Policy will not cover a bike valued above £1500.

Does anyone recommend an insurance firm that offers good value for money :?:

I've just changed mine (on Wednesday this week) for the same reason, was with AXA directly but just purchased a new bike for £1400.00 and AXA only insure bikes up to £1K, so changed to M&S and they cover up to 4K without even having to put it on the policy!

Weird though, as M&S insurance is underwritten by AXA :?
  • solsurf
    solsurf Posts: 489
    M & S here too after looking for a while, up to 4k per item in and away from the home, it is more expensive but there you go
  • CamR
    CamR Posts: 83
    My bike is on my M & S house policy as a named valuable and it is more than £4k. It increased my premium but is still way cheaper than an individual bike policy and as has been mentioned it includes away from home & accidental damage
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,899
    greenbee (john lewis) is worth a look too
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Another + for M&S. The only thing they don't cover you for is racing, but it does cover your bike if you take it abroad.
    Limited Edition Boardman Team Carbon No. 448
    Boardman MTB Team
  • wonder if it's really worth it, pay x amount per month and if it does get damaged or stolen, they'll give you a £100 Halfords voucher. Even if your bike is Dura Ace/Super Record/Red. :roll:
    Say... That's a nice bike..
    Trax T700 with Lew Racing Pro VT-1 ;-)
  • Pretre
    Pretre Posts: 355
    wonder if it's really worth it, pay x amount per month and if it does get damaged or stolen, they'll give you a £100 Halfords voucher. Even if your bike is Dura Ace/Super Record/Red. :roll:

Not sure what insurer you're talkng about but M&S are just about to pay me a bit over £4k for my crashed 2010 De Rosa Merak.

In case you're wondering why it's more than £4k - bought the bike as a frame & components & the limit is for individual items.
  • Another + for M&S. The only thing they don't cover you for is racing, but it does cover your bike if you take it abroad.

Only if the premier option is taken out.