chainset and cassette issue

dobby_womack
dobby_womack Posts: 9
edited September 2010 in MTB general
Hi

2nd post after lurking and gleaning info for a while. I had an issue with my Truvativ Blaze chainset where one of the teeth bent on the outer ring and the middle ring had bent out of line. I have no idea how this could have happened as I've only just got the bike and have been riding to work on towpaths/roads etc. I also had a chipped tooth on the rear cassette. Anyone seen these issues before?

I have bought my voodoo from the only place that stocks them and they have replaced the blaze with an isoflow chainset. They reckon that they shouldn't have done any of the work under warranty although there have been a number of problems with the bike since i bought it. Is the isoflow an inferior chainset? They said to get the blaze on it would need a new BB that I would be liable for. Shouldn't they just replace the parts so its the same spec as I bought it?

Comments

• *AJ*
    *AJ* Posts: 1,080
    youve posted the same question here as you have in tech.... thats where it should be.

The blaze and the Isoflow are both priced the same, so i can't see one being inferior. One is listed as Powerspline and one as isis, so the story about the BB could well be very true.

Personally I would think yourself lucky that the bent chainrings were sorted out, most bike shops would put it down to miss use and show you the door or expect full payment.

Sounds like a fairly decent shop in my eyes.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Paranoid?

Sounds like they did you a favour, don't see why you are badmouthing them.
    Only way I've seen a tooth bent is if it gets hit on or by something.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools