New ride - 2011 Orange 5 pro

BenS999
BenS999 Posts: 202
edited September 2010 in MTB general
Hello all - just want to show off my new baby with a couple of pics.
Collected last Saturday and spent a few hours riding over the weekend, and cant wait to get out again tomorrow too!

The red one is mine, the other is a mates who also collected on Saturday. Both are the same with ugraded forks to the RLC FIT2 option and Maxle swing arm. Custom colours on his but decided to keep mine in red as reckon it looks awesome as is!

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/5564791/
http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/5564788/
http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/5564794/
http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/5564783/

Just spent an hour watching MTB vid's and now just staring at the clock waiting for that 5pm feeling to hit!

Ben
2011 Orange Five Pro
On-One Pompetamine Alfine Comp

Comments

• Looks fantastic. Been looking at one myself with a Maxel arse on it also. Would appreciate any undate on how you get on.

What's your hight/frame size please? I had a look and thought I might need a stem upgrade and possiblt Thomson layback post. I'm 5'10''.

I'm going/wishing for UST, Performance pack and FIT fork in the mix but it's a lot of money. Enjoy the weekend!!!
  • BenS999
    BenS999 Posts: 202
    Hi CustomR,

I'm 6'1" and went for the 20" with the standard stem and seatpost. I demo'd the 18" and then ordered the 20" and spent the waiting time stressing out whether i made the right choice but it fits like a glove after some fine tuning of seat position so I'm very happy indeed.

I reckon the Maxle ar*e (that made me chuckle!) is a worth while investment as comparing to the demo model i rode (without Maxle) the rear end feels more stiff. I was very keen on the performance pack but have added the parts to my xmas list instead as nothing beats upgrading parts here and there, although im am already thinking i want them now.... :D
    2011 Orange Five Pro
    On-One Pompetamine Alfine Comp
  • amazing bike!!! so nice
  • Cheers Ben. Looking forward to future feedback.

Rag it this weekend!! All the best !
  • Hey man

Out of interest, standard Hope stoppers or the M4 option? What's your vrdict?
  • x-isle
    x-isle Posts: 794
    Great stuff! You'll have some fun on it! :)

I'd never seen a red one until a few weeks back, but now they seem to be quite popular........

.....and nice looking!

Enjoy!
    Craig Rogers
  • x-isle
    x-isle Posts: 794
    Hey man

The standard Hopes will be good enough for most riding on the 5, unless you are really ragging it downhill. However, a friend of mine recently got a 5 with the M4's and although they are way over spec'd for the bike and his riding, the amount of feeling through feathering the levers is fantastic!
    Craig Rogers
  • I'm also interested in the 3 x 10. A few years back, Orange used to have an option for Shimano or Sram when ordering. I'd love a 2 x 10 instead.

Can't stop looking at those two Five pics. Both look great, but I guess you need to see them in the flesh.
  • People buying this bike will

create more braking bumps
    Bore anyone who hears them talking about their five
    slow the average speed on the trail to 1 mile / hour

:twisted:
  • Perhaps this needs moving the the section titled "Your Mountain Bikes"

Just a thought.
  • Hey man

Sell them and buy some Formula The Ones MY10's. The best brake i have ever used and i have used a lot, countless friends have ridden my bikes and the first thing they comment on are the brakes, so much feel and modulation.
  • Cheers Rick. I'll see if I can spot some on the trails. Just need something that'll be good for my 16 stone frame.

hubrashaw,

People buying this bike will probably....

love it and admire others rides as they've probably ridden a wealth of other bikes over the years.
    Enjoy the conversation of other or mind their business.
    disregard snotty tw@ts .
  • matt748
    matt748 Posts: 194
    Lovely bikes. Mountain Trax?

Trek Fuel EX8 '09
    My Pics