Dalby Forest: 1 Me: 0

HebdenBiker
HebdenBiker Posts: 787
edited September 2010 in MTB general
I've been riding MTB since 1994 so considered myself a "good" MTBerI wanted to know what all this fuss about trail centres was, so I headed up to Dalby on Tuesday and had a go at the red route. Went over the bars and flat on my face in the first couple of miles, then completely bottled that steep technical section with the switchbacks, drop-offs and berms.

16 years in the game and I'm still a noob :D

Comments

• saprkzz
    saprkzz Posts: 592
    HAHAm know exactly how you feel!!..

I have been riding 18 years, and went to afan this year. Felt a right amature! lol :shock:
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    yeah , but next time you go you know what to expect and won't be beaten so easily.
    concentrate on the rematch.
    :wink:
  • Rematch - I'm going back up in a few weeks with some flat pedals to make that course my b1tch 8)
  • GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    then completely bottled that steep technical section with the switchbacks, drop-offs and berms.

Is that section 31? I wasn't expecting that section, but it was a lot of fun.
  • Section 19 I think. Never got to section 31!
  • I rode Dalby last weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it !

I,ve read on here that its boring and tame ? the trails that i rode were far from boring and fairly near to the end there was a proper sketchy loose almost DH style run with a pretty badly eroded drop ?

Then a drop right near the end in the trees before you get spat out into the visitor centre !
    A guy on a hardtail Face Planted that one right in front of me, if you are reading this somewhere out there i didnt mean to shout at you :oops:
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    I rode Dalby last weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it !

I,ve read on here that its boring and tame ? the trails that i rode were far from boring and fairly near to the end there was a proper sketchy loose almost DH style run with a pretty badly eroded drop ?

Then a drop right near the end in the trees before you get spat out into the visitor centre !
    A guy on a hardtail Face Planted that one right in front of me, if you are reading this somewhere out there i didnt mean to shout at you :oops:

I gave Dalby a go this weekend, and I totally agree it's rather technical in places with the added world cup XC course you can ride around on too makes it great fun.

Quite impressed with myself though, first time there and I rode all the sections without falling off once.

Definately recommend the place.