On Days and Off Days

stubs
stubs Posts: 5,001
edited September 2010 in MTB general
We all have days when everything is right about your ride you feel like a riding god clean climbs you didnt think you could walk up and absolutely fly everywhere and finish the ride feeling like you could go round again.

On the other side we have days when nothing quite seems to work out. You might have mechanical horrors, you might crash, every climb feels twice as long and steep as it was last time and you just feel plain knackered.

I had one of the off days today the weather was perfect at Llandegla, the trails were grippy and 99.9% dry and I was with good company but no matter what I did I just couldnt quite do things right. Every apex I missed, every jump I landed badly, every berm I hit the brakes when I should have been hitting the pedals, every climb I struggled on I even had to get off halfway up the short steep rocky climb 3/4 of the way round and push :cry: . The two guys I was with had a brilliant ride and because they were buzzing I was happy for them but I just couldnt quite hit my straps today.

Possibly I have had too many brilliant utterly perfect rides recently and the trail gods decided today I had to pay for it. I hope I have served my punishment because I want to enjoy this weather while it lasts.
Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap

Comments

• Time of the month.

:wink:
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    :shock: If it was I got over it quick had a smashing ride today and feel really good :D

The barbie is warming up nicely the beer is cooling down nicely and I am just waiting for the wimmin to arrive
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap