"GO ON THEN!!!"

kelsen
kelsen Posts: 2,003
edited September 2010 in Commuting chat
To the chap on the hybrid/slick MTB, full waterproofs and facemask who yelled at me because I was filtering too slowly for your liking along Kennington Road, I'm really sorry that I held you up this morning...

As it turned out, it didn't make much difference really cos when the road opened up your puny little legs were no match for my piston-like quads, and despite repeatedly jumping red lights, I still blew past and left you flailing like a teeny tiny fly caught in the turbulence of an express train.

As I flew by, I turned towards you and gave you the opportunity to look into the eyes of greatness, but your stare remained pointedly fixed on the horizon, and your facemask hid the foam and strangled noises that must have been coming out of your mouth!

Hyuk hyuk hyuk! :lol:

Comments

• spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    pr*ck
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • kelsen
    spen666 wrote:
    pr*ck

If that's to the cyclist, then yeah, he was.

If that's to me, then yeah, I was a bit :P It wasn't you was it?
  • ndru
    ndru Posts: 382
    Are cyclists turning into boy racers?
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    ndru wrote:
    Turning?

Behaviour is not generally governed by the mode of transport.
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • ndru wrote:

I am considering lowering and stiffening the £75 full suspension bike I got from Halfords...
    FCN - 10
    Cannondale Bad Boy Solo with baggies.
  • ndru
    ndru Posts: 382
    Let me know when you buy a subwoofer and mount in on your panier rack.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Yes, some are, mostly uncouth mountain bikers in my experience.

Riding over London Bridge in a southern direction I attempt to overtake a MTBer, who is weaving. On the third attempt I huff and express my frustration telling him to stop weaving across the bus lane (I think it is). He replies with "what's you're problem" I then power away.

I get off and head to Evans London Bridge to pump my front tyre up. He is at the lights shouting what my problem is. I wave him away in a sort of f-off manner and go pump my tyre up, he rides past and does the gayest hand action that I think was an attempt at swearing.

What I find is that some cyclist don't realise that how they ride can directly affect others. Like the pr*cks that were riding three (widely) abreast over Waterloo bridge.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • kelsen
    In my experience, it used to be male youths on MTBs who acted like the equivalent of boy racers, and somebody on a drop-bar you could expect to ride with reasonable care and consideration. But nowadays with the growing popularity of cycling, there are people on sorts of bikes riding like idiots. This morning on my commute, there were MTBs, hybrids, roadies and someone on a Pashley-like fixie riding like they were all taking part in Wacky Races.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    JonGinge wrote:
    ndru wrote:
    Turning?

Behaviour is not generally governed by the mode of transport.

+1, Amen...

I'm annoyingly competitive even when I'm not on a bike :P
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    notsoblue wrote:

I'm more competitive than you
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    Greg T wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:

I'm more competitive than you

:lol:
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • I said 'oh come on' to a bus on the uxbrdge road this AM.... apparently rather louder than I thought as the guy on the hybrid to the left of said bus said something about 'oh come on yourself' or 'come on past'. If you're reading this, hybrid guy, not you!
  • I said 'oh come on' to a bus on the uxbrdge road this AM.... apparently rather louder than I thought as the guy on the hybrid to the left of said bus said something about 'oh come on yourself' or 'come on past'. If you're reading this, hybrid guy, not you!

heh, I've done that!

I not so loudly asked the car to get a move on, away from the lights.

And as I did so a roadie came along side.

Didn't see him after that as the car did indeed move on, and I did my impression of a jump to warp speed.