Theory....

gtvlusso
gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
edited September 2010 in Commuting chat
The amount of bass produced by a car stereo, is directly proportional to the amount of braincells the owner of the car has....

A "modified" Golf just passed my office, bearing in mind we are set back from a small access road and by a Nursery, all you could hear was the bass from this car....Quite possibly the loudest thing I have ever heard.

Is there a point they are trying to make about something?!

I also saw an 8 year old boy with a mohawk and earing today in Sainsburys....

*grumble grumble grumble....

Comments

• CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Kuh eh? Kuh. Youth of today. Phuh...

I saw a youth driving a Saxo last night, with his fog lights on. This to me is the ultimate numpty indicator, but it's been a while since I last saw it and I thought it had gone out of fashion amongst the yoof. Hope so; it would make last night's specimen a double layered prat, having fogs on and being out of touch with yoof cultcha.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso wrote:
    The amount of bass produced by a car stereo, is directly proportional to the amount of braincells the owner of the car has....

A "modified" Golf just passed my office, bearing in mind we are set back from a small access road and by a Nursery, all you could hear was the bass from this car....Quite possibly the loudest thing I have ever heard.

I am a complete hypocrit as our Mercedes has been "modified" up to 211 BHP from 163 BHP....It bloody needed it too, I was sick of filling in the paper application form, asking for acceleration, and posting it!
  • The lack of respect is astonishing.
    They need a good stretch serving their country.

They need to work for their handouts, appreciate what sacrafice is, feel what real depravation is like.... They get so much handed on a plate.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,411
    gtvlusso wrote:

Surely you mean inversely proportional => more bass=less brain cells. See, or rather hear a few of those down Mitcham way. Loud enough outside on my bike, so must be making their ears bleed inside.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Inversely proportional, surely, and, yes, quite possibly.

Could I cram any more commas into that sentence?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • dhope
    Dammit, out-pedanted.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • ndru
    ndru Posts: 382
    I might be nit picking, but didn't you mean inversely proportional (more bass = less brain-cells instead of more bass more brain-cells?).
    I must say I don't know why they do it now, but I guess there's this urge to make yourself visible when you are young and you do do a lot of stupid stuff to achieve it. Most of these things make you look like a pillock, but then you grow up and forget about it. Oh, and then it annoys you when the younger generation does that too. Life.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    ndru wrote:
    I might be nit picking, but didn't you mean inversely proportional (more bass = less brain-cells instead of more bass more brain-cells?).
    I must say I don't know why they do it now, but I guess there's this urge to make yourself visible when you are young and you do do a lot of stupid stuff to achieve it. Most of these things make you look like a pillock, but then you grow up and forget about it. Oh, and then it annoys you when the younger generation does that too. Life.

+1

Also, people were much more polite when you were younger, and chocolate bars were bigger. :)
  • dhope
    notsoblue wrote:
    and chocolate bars were bigger. :)

On that
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... -blowhards
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • (Anecdote alert)
    Pulled into the local Shell to inflate the tyres last night, there stood Mong the Merciless with the boot open on (presumably as it seems to be the way) his mum's Corsa - flat rear tyre and fecking great speaker the size of a tea-chest in the boot stopping him getting at the spare.
    There's a whole world of numptitude out there that's only hinted at by this example.

By the way
    dhope wrote:
    Dammit, out-pedanted.

...to be quite the pedant, you should have screamed "fewer brain cells". Keep up :)
    "Consider the grebe..."
  • They do it in the hope that some impressionable schoolgirl will pass by and say to themselves...'wow, he must be so coool, I just have to get in the car with that total stranger!', even though they'd obviously have no idea what is beyond the tinted screen. Ah, the vain optimism of adolescent hormones :lol: .

Makes me smile, more noise from the (often visible) vibrations of nackered car than from the bass itself, and the thought of two spotty yoofs sitting in their pride and joy, teeth chattering and eyes bulging in pain with each boooom, whilst trying to convince each other they're actually enjoying the experience.

Jam butties, officially endorsed by the Diddymen Olympic Squad
  • I can distinctly remember when I was 17-18 years old driving round in my Mini Metro with Guns 'n' Roses playing loudly enough to make my ears ring. I was completely convinced that everyone I passed would be really impressed by my fantastic taste in music and my rebellious spirit.

Youth pah! it's wasted on the young :wink:

PP
    People that make generalisations are all morons.

Target free since 2011.
  • I still sometimes blast the neighbourhood from the car if I'm in a shite mood - these days its Gotterdamerung though :wink:
  • If i need to blast the stereo i go for something german as well ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkKIroncbHw&feature=fvst
    FCN 3/5/9
  • gtvlusso
    rjsterry wrote:
    gtvlusso wrote:

Surely you mean inversely proportional => more bass=less brain cells. See, or rather hear a few of those down Mitcham way. Loud enough outside on my bike, so must be making their ears bleed inside.

Yes - inversely, precisely....the 3am alarm clock is getting to me "wah, wah, wah...."